No announcement yet.

My Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's okay. Lincoln's as cold as Toronto, the ***** city.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
      Looks like it's only gotten down to the -22C range. You and I both know Montreal's had a good winter when you're complaining about that...
      Well....yeah.
      Damned global warming is changing my perspective
      Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

That's okay. A couple of days ago when it was -6 or -7 here I was heard to utter the phrase "it's a bit chilly out".

I'm such a ***** now.

Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Then again I was wearing shorts and no jacket.

Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

It's okay. Lincoln's as cold as Toronto, the ***** city.

Leafs
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I could do without this 30 cm of snow. I don't feel like shoveling my car both in and out of the driveway.

I mean, to wakeup to it all at once is fine. Its a nice fun morning excersize to shovel out. But to have to do it several times a day just gets on my nerves.
              Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Then again I was wearing shorts and no jacket.

My friends stare at me and go "wtf is wrong with him" when I do that. Even more so when it's snowing really hard, even though it's usually warmer out when it's snowing.

Comment

@ Ozzy.

Ummm, its really easy. When your lock freezes up, all you have to do is blow in the lock until it unfreezes. The heat from your breath will unfreeze it. Never takes more than 5 minutes.

Spec.
                  -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Yes on older cars the window seal starts to leak and moisture can get in and freeze the lock. I've had it happen a couple of times.
                    I don't suggest using hot water because the problem will just happen again.
                    Blowing on the lock has worked. (yes quite simple)
                    But less effective if it's really cold.

Heating your key with a lighter before inserting has worked.
                    Wd40 works as preventive but not very well after the lock freezes.
                    Lock de-icers work also better as preventive but can work after the lock freezes.

But, I have NEVER had multiple locks freeze so I have always been able to get into the car using another door or the back deck.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                      But, I have NEVER had multiple locks freeze so I have always been able to get into the car using another door or the back deck.
                      Unfortunately my other door has a broken handle... so even if I got that unlocked I couldn't open the door.

My trunk opened fine though.
                      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I've never actually seen a frozen lock either, and my parents parked their cars outside.
                        I wonder why the autoparts store has a whole shelf full of deicer if this is such an unheard of problem?

Oh well, I'm just leaving my car unlocked for the rest of the week till things warm up again.
                        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP

Oh well, I'm just leaving my car unlocked for the rest of the week till things warm up again.
                          give the man a prize

one would car theft should be at a all time low with temps like those

a real case of blue balls ?
                          anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Working...
                          X