Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[DC Weather] OPM Sent everyone home but me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is it like up there?
    JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
      what is it like up there?
      JM
      Icy!

OPM's website is saying "two hour delay" for the Feds, just turned on they local news and they said "everyone is closed lol". I'm calling in an unscheduled leave. I didn't have fun trying to drive in last time conditions were icy. ( spent 4+ years in San Diego, where there was no weather...bite me)
      Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

We're getting pummeled pretty well by the storm right now. Got about 15" of snow since 7pm last nght, and are expecting betwen 1-2ft more today. The commute this morning was "difficult", but manageable. Pity the poor folks just north of me who just got over the lake effect storm that dumped 10-12ft on them!
        Attached Files

Comment

Darsnan, it's not just the black ice and freezing rain - it's the damn DC area drivers who've been known to abandon their cars on the highway.
          John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Crap, school is closed today. That means my interns are coming in to the office. Which means I have to come into the office.
            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I called my boss to tell her I'd be two hours late. She wasn't in yet. I show up for work. I'm one of three people here. My boss is not one of those three. Damn, I could have had a day off.
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Lots of people stayed home today. But I'm a man, so I'm here.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

/me beats chest.

I'm here too!
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Damn straight.

I figure if the lone Michigander doesn't show up for work today, then I have no ability to make fun of all the wimpy Washingtonians.

Plus of course, my interns are coming, so I have to be here.
                    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Eww, slushy
                      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I'm going in to work in a few hours But then we don't shut down in chicago unless the snow is over our heads, so ...
                        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Classes ended up being cancelled here

Comment

Working...
                          X