Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which of the Following is the Most Worthwhile?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which of the Following is the Most Worthwhile?

Time for the real battle.
    Physics
    14.29%
    Mathematics
    17.86%
    Engineering
    17.86%
    Chemistry
    3.57%
    Computer Science
    10.71%
    Medicine
    17.86%
    Economics
    14.29%
    Advanced Bananalogy Studies
    3.57%
    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Umm. Well it depends. They're mostly codependent.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Philosophy is far more important since it speaks to the nature of reality, morality, what we *should* do...the fact that most of these things are either dependent on philosophical development or spun off from such demonstrates this.
      Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
      Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Currently

Maths not,
        mathematicians are important, as trainers, to give engineers, chemists, architects etc etc the math elements they need to do their job, but maths alone not..

Physics are past their prime...

Economics is about as scientific as astrology..

Computer science and biology/medicine are the most worthwhile nowadays.. the sciences of the XXI century
        I need a foot massage

Comment

whats the goal we are shooting for? income, job satisfaction, accolades from the public, snarky comments from asher?
          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Tacc
            Philosophy is far more important since it speaks to the nature of reality, morality, what we *should* do...the fact that most of these things are either dependent on philosophical development or spun off from such demonstrates this.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
              whats the goal we are shooting for? income, job satisfaction, accolades from the public, snarky comments from asher?
              I like your ascending priority list.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

I'm confused... are you being funny because laughter is contagious?
                In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Econ
                  www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

i have my fingers on the pulse of the nation
                    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Eh. Most of them are really variations on similar themes, or different applications of the same skills.

Comment

8/10, as Asher helpfully demonstrated.
                        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Math.

And the question is: Which is more worthwhile.

Its the base of everything in that poll...except for medicine, if you dont count volumes of fluid, quantites/mix of medication and such.

Spec.
                          -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Yeah, I spent the day learning how to design basic microwave frequency components and one just can't avoid seeing Schopenhauer in every equation.
                            "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Wasn't it Einstein who believed in God as defined by Spinoza?
                              In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Working...
                              X