Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a Javascript image be saved to view offline?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a Javascript image be saved to view offline?

There are some archived blueprints that I need which are displayed on a website via javascript. I'm in the painstaking process of scrolling the images to individual areas, taking individual snapshots, and then binding them together within photoshop.

Since this website has the tendency to crash every 14 hours (not joking) and re-open only when I contact a duty archivist, I'm wondering if I can save javascript images from a website, onto my desktop.

My last question is if Javascript allows full screen viewing, and how that setting might be achieved. At current, it seems only to allow zooms within a constrained box?

Thank you

What are javascript images?

Are you talking about a Google Maps like image? That is dynamic?
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Yes

Comment

I don't understand why the site won't simply host these images as jpgs. They're fairly large scans of old blueprints, and display as scrollable jsps, contained within a 400ishx400ish pixel window

Comment

There's no real way to do that, since it's usually dozens of smaller images.

The best way is to probably use a screen capture program to make it quick to capture (eg, SnagIt).
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Right, I'm using Hypersnap to do so, but to gain the entirety of the blueprint at a desired resolution I have to scroll within that tiny little space and take a dozen captures, then lace it all together in photoshop. Can JSPs at least be displayed at full screen size? Or something larger than the top lefthand eighth of my computer screen?

Comment

Nope, all of that is controlled by the server. It's just a dumb design.

Comment

Fantastic. Thanks Dave

Comment

Re: Can a Javascript image be saved to view offline?

Originally posted by Zylka
                  There are some archived blueprints that I need which are displayed on a website via javascript. I'm in the painstaking process of scrolling the images to individual areas, taking individual snapshots, and then binding them together within photoshop.

Since this website has the tendency to crash every 14 hours (not joking) and re-open only when I contact a duty archivist, I'm wondering if I can save javascript images from a website, onto my desktop.

My last question is if Javascript allows full screen viewing, and how that setting might be achieved. At current, it seems only to allow zooms within a constrained box?

Thank you
                  can you get the code and support files and run it locally?

Comment

That's quite beyond my computer comprehnsion

Comment

Is the website one you can post publicly?

Comment

Working...
                      X