No announcement yet.

Opinions on "Heroes"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, Parkman shot him early on in the series, when we was using his TK to try to kill that blonde FBI agent. He got up, and appeared the fly/float away.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Wow... this show kicks complete ass. Mohinder seemed to be enjoying his power over Sylar. He liked feeling like he was in control. Unfortunately he wasn't. Though it is nice to know that Mohinder wasn't being a complete idiot about traveling with Sylar. Sylar was just far stronger than he thought.

Unfortunately HRG is in BIG trouble as the Illusionist Gal got him trapped. Though VERY interesting to see that there seems to be a competing organization dedicated to helping heroes, especially from the Company. And old doddering Mama Petrelli is one of the higher ups. Just a TOTAL twist. Brilliant!

Now to see what happens to Claire back with her real family. Though in the previews for April, it appears to jump forward to the future a whoooole lot (or maybe that's just the next season), or something Hiro did. You see Nathan in the White House and older Claire there as well.

I wonder what is up with Linderman. Either he's a hero that can see the future or he has one working for him.

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Jeez guys, Heroes was on last night. Is America that far behind?

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Poor Mo is in a bad way.

I missed a few minutes due to minor issues in the NICU; thank god for Tivo, because I haven't a clue as to what Imran is talking about with HRG being in trouble and trapped.
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Oh... you'll see .
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• 7 weeks feels like a little more than a necessary break length, i have to say.
              "Remember, there's good stuff in American culture, too. It's just that by "good stuff" we mean "attacking the French," and Germany's been doing that for ages now, so, well, where does that leave us?" - Elok

Comment

• Great show. One of the best in a long time actually.

I did not see the Petrelli's mom thing coming, good twist.
                If they aren't free by now then they can stay in jail

Comment

• Heroes is gone for 7 weeks?
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• NBC is trying to do what some of the SciFi and USA shows have been doing - they call it half seasons.

Monk does it. Psych does it. Battle Star Galactica does it... You'll thank them in the summer when there's crap on to watch but reruns of stuff you didn't want to watch anyway.

OK, analysis. Question Imran: do you think Mama Petrelli is a different organization than Linderman? She's obviously got different interests than the Company but how far different? Is she only in it for Nathan and Peter? (and, now, Claire?)

Is Linderman part of the Company or a different, third, faction? Why are the only people that know about the powers people that don't have them?

OK, showdown between Sylar and Peter! I personally think if Peter can keep control of himself he could win easily. Remember, he has all Sylars powers plus Invisible Man, Claire, Nathan... (did he ever get close to Niki?)

Actually I wonder now if his power will absorb Sylars "aquired" powers or only the natural ones. I don't know if the TK is natural or acquired so I can't tell.

This show is deffinately a LOST killer. It's amazing!

Tom P.

Comment

• Funny you mentioned lost...the "half-season" killed Lost.

Comment

• Question Imran: do you think Mama Petrelli is a different organization than Linderman?

Yep. But I think at one point they were part of the same, which accounts for the links between the Petrelli's and Linderman.

Is Linderman part of the Company or a different, third, faction? Why are the only people that know about the powers people that don't have them?

Uncertain. He definately could be part of the Company. And who says he doesn't have powers? That's uncertain too... who really knows how many years its going to take for things to happen? Either Linderman can see the future, or has someone working for him who can, but it isn't clear which one.

Comment

• Well considering he has a gallery full of Isaac's paintings... I'd think that is your hired fortune teller.
                          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP
                            Well considering he has a gallery full of Isaac's paintings... I'd think that is your hired fortune teller.
                            You mean aside from the fact that Issac hasn't painted Nathan in the White House? Nor do Issac's paintings say WHEN the even will happen (unless there is a calender on the wall or something).

Comment

• When he said "I see you in the White House in 2 years" I took that to mean, "we have the money and connections and blackmail ability to make it happen if you want it to".

Nothing supernatural about it.
                              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP
                                When he said "I see you in the White House in 2 years" I took that to mean, "we have the money and connections and blackmail ability to make it happen if you want it to".

Nothing supernatural about it.
                                A step away from the Presidency, through a "series of fluke occurances"?

Just a bit too precise for simply "we have money, connections, and blackmail ability".

Comment

Working...
                                X