No announcement yet.

Opinions on "Heroes"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They could have explained how a house full of people survived all that radiation without any ill effects.
    "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Beh. It's a comic book, dude.

That foxy brunette in the lab at the end wasn't the same "Wireless" chick from last week, was she?
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I didn't notice, but somebody else on another board asked the same question, so...?
        "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Originally posted by Koyaanisqatsi
          They could have explained how a house full of people survived all that radiation without any ill effects.
          Iodine. And Claire hardly survived it "without any ill effects"...
          I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer
            Beh. It's a comic book, dude.

That foxy brunette in the lab at the end wasn't the same "Wireless" chick from last week, was she?
            My housemate said it was.

But last night's episode surely did kick major ass.

Hiro's dad seems to be the mastermind
            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Well, Hiro's dad is definately a mucky-muck but the comming attractions made it seem like Mr. Linderman is the mastermind.

As for the radiation I'm not sure there weren't any ill effects. Since we're not sure how much radiation (vs. heat) is actually being produced by Ted. We have no way of knowing if his current state of control is allowing him to reduce his secondary emmisions or not. We also don't know how long his wife was exposed and to what degree.

As for the brunette, I think she may be like the invisible guy was - helping her own from the inside. She seemed to have an almost perfect mastry of her abilities when she confronted Ted. No garbled text, not the slightest indication that she had control issues. Or, did she push Ted into it so the company could get their hands on him and Matt? This would explain why Eric Roberts character just happened to be there.

And who thought Peter's girlfriend was a "hero"?!? I wonder if that's the case or if they'll find a way around it. It could easily be a shapeshifter looking like her (BTW did they change the actress playing her over the XMas break?). If she really is a "Hero" then this will be (possibly) the first duplicate power they've displayed.

And what is the company trying to accomplish anyway? Or are they there to establish an overarching enemy.

Tom P.

Comment

The brunette was not the Wireless girl.

That Simone thing was clearly a dream or hallucination of some sort; Isaac is probably falling off the wagon.
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I very much doubt Linderman is in charge of this.

Interesting theory on the brunette though. There does seem to be something suspicious there. I missed the explanation why she didn't accompany them to the house.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Why not Linderman? He's:
                    * Blackmailing Nathan
                    * Hiring "Jessica" to kill
                    * Demanding Issacs paintings
                    * Buying Hiro's sword
                    ...he's a lot more tied up in this than just some periffery guy.

She wasn't at the house and the Eric Roberts character was. That's even more suspicious, to me.

Tom P.

Comment

• Linderman is a mob boss. A rich mob boss. That explains everything you just listed.

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP
                        Linderman is a mob boss. A rich mob boss. That explains everything you just listed.
                        Yeah, and Hiro's Father was simply the owner of a Japanese company, but he is injvolved, and obviously Simone's father was involved, given that these folks were meeting in his building. I agree with Padillah, Lindeman is too connected with this for it to be coincidence.
                        If you don't like reality, change it! me
                        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• save the cheerleader? why? is she gonna suck my dick if i do? whats in it for me? shes probably a ***** anyway
                          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• My best guess? Because if Sylar gets to her it's over.

Can you imagine how obnoxious Sylar would be if he could heal like Claire? There'd be little they, even Ted, could do to stop him.

BTW, I take offense to the intentional misleading us last epi. Several times it was mentioned that Claire can't die - yet the show has proved that's not true.

When the football guy pushed her down and she got that stick caught in her brain stem, she was dead. She was on the coroners table and she was declared dead.

Once the offending article was removed she healed right back up again, but the fact remains that if enough of her (or the right part) is damaged at a time she can die. So cut her head off and bury it someplace else... or rip her brain out like Sylar plans on doing.

Ooh, new thought: what if Sylar does get to her? Yes, the presumption is he'd aquire her healing power. But what about her? She wouldn't die. Sylar doesn't kill his victims for sport (no matter how much he likes it) he kills them 'cause it's the only way to get to the part of the brain he wants. So what if he rips the top of Claire's head off? So what if he takes a part of her brain? She's healed up from far worse.

I think we are looking at a showdown between Sylar and Peter. But Peter's been near Claire so, as long as Sylar doesn't get to her Peter should have the upper hand.

Hm, Sylar's new super-hearing against Peter's invisibility. I tell ya', this is a great show!

Tom P.

Comment

• I thought Sylar could already heal, or at least was kind of hard to damage. He took the fall off the roof with no trouble, and Parkman shot him in the chest several times to no effect.

Comment

• Well, he was in a coma for several weeks, so I wouldn't say "no effect". Also, there's a question of how much dammage did he take vs. how much did his TK mitigate. He may have stopped the bulets from hitting him, I can't say as I remember.

Maybe I should catch a marathon so I get them all for review.

Tom P.

Comment

Working...
                                X