• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LordShiva

lol it's it's not its LOL
    Bravo!
    B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Bkeela
      I thought Heroes was crap (based on the first five minutes).

One of the first scenes featured a male palliative nurse flirting with the daughter of the sick man. The dialogue went something like this:

Sick man's daughter: "How many more days until my father dies?"

Nurse: "Oh, a few days more I think"

Sick man's daughter: "I see"

Nurse: "You know, I would like to ask you out for a date"

Sick man's daughter: "Really? I think you're hot too".

Next an Indian man learns his father has been killed under suspicious circumstances. The Indian man is unconcerned except for what research material might be left at his dead father's house.

I couldn't believe anyone could be so callous as these hack characters, so if I don't have faith in them in their normal life, the impact of them flying about and performing other miracles is going to be null and void.

Another **** American product.
      To be fair, most of the early episodes kinda stunk outside of the Hiro segments.

I mean really, who gives a crap about miss multiple personalities?
      B♭3

Comment

I will agree that they are better now that they've stopped trying so hard to beat Lost and just write well.

At first they were trying too hard to be cryptic and hiding certain peoples' powers and such. Now they are more about telling the entire story.

I just hope they get on with it. Saving NYC is fine but how long can they try and save one city? This is just the "One Villian" scenario only you don't know who the villian is.

Give Hiro his sword, do SOMETHING about Nikki/Jessica, and let's get this thing on the road.

I do, however, love the dichotomy of good/evil in most of the characters - even Hiro. In Nikki they made it pretty obvious but the others, especially Claire's dad, we're not so sure where their loyalties lay. (On a side note, I love that they are, thus far, not overplaying the name gimmic with Claire's dad. They've come close a couple of times but they don't make a big deal out of it. If it happens, it happens. They don't seem to be forcing it.)

Tom P.

BTW: I didn't mess up anything in the entire post.
        Last edited by padillah; February 14, 2007, 12:30.

Comment

Does the villian have superpowers too or at least a flamboyant outfit?
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

No, horm-rim glasses and a business suit. Pretty scary.

I'm starting to lose patience with the series. Great potential, but they seem to have lost focus. After the whole "save the cheerleader" thing, we see Clair is alive, the city didn't blow up, and what? We know Linderman is evil. We know something is afoot. New characters appear. But it's all just a series of subplots. No cohesion.

I hold out hope, but fear Heroes has lost its way.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

The fact that you believe the horned rimmed glasses guy is the 'villian' means you haven't been following close enough to lose patience with anything .
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Those types pay attention to everything. Heroes won't last very long 'cause no one's watching it, too.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                  The fact that you believe the horned rimmed glasses guy is the 'villian' means you haven't been following close enough to lose patience with anything .
                  Yeah, it's so deeply plotted that I can't possibly keep up. But fortunately, I'm the one who decides whether I'm bored or impatient.
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I love how the last LOST commercial I saw asked the important question of which lost character has superpowers or something to that effect ...
                    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

How do we know Linderman is evil? We know he contrary to some of the "heros" but that may mean they are evil, not necessarily him. (Unless something happened Monday. I still haven't gotten to Mondays show)

That's one thing I do like about Heros is there are no archtypes. It's not so easily cut into bad guys and good guys. So far Peter is on course to blow up New York, does that make him a bad guy? ...or just lame at using his powers?

Tom P.

Comment

Well, Linderman hired Nikki/Jessica to whack that diamond guy, so I'd say he's pretty evil.
                        I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                          ...the city didn't blow up...
                          I hold out hope, but fear Heroes has lost its way.
                          Dude, the city isn't supposed to blow up yet. Not until the day after Election Day. Not sure how far in the future that is exactly, but it hasn't happened yet.
                          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Two weeks, show time. My guess, the city will or probably will not blow up in the season finale.
                            "Remember, there's good stuff in American culture, too. It's just that by "good stuff" we mean "attacking the French," and Germany's been doing that for ages now, so, well, where does that leave us?" - Elok

Comment

How did you get that timeline, Admiral? Did Nathan or his mom say something about the election?
                              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

In the latest episode, Nathan says that its two weeks before the election.
                                "Remember, there's good stuff in American culture, too. It's just that by "good stuff" we mean "attacking the French," and Germany's been doing that for ages now, so, well, where does that leave us?" - Elok

Comment

Working...
                                X