No Strangers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Strangers

I'm thinking of decorating my place again. I don't have much decoration as of now, I'm kind of a minimalist, but I'm thinking I should move on to a new style. I'm thinking of.. my own style.

You see, I'd like to be stimulated. I'm thinking about those old torture pictures, not real but images from the medieval times..

some waterboarding:

maybe even get few of them gadgets to put on tables and stuff as a decoration:

Then, I'd get an image of my favourite author, Mr. Foucault:

Then, next to that, one of my favourite actors (Kinski). Awesome, just look at the rage in his eyes, this guy is a genious:

Then to my bedroom I want something from Dante's Inferno:

Then to the bathroom, I thought about doing some art myself, painting few hand plants, similar to this, except more realistic:

Then you know how it's trendy to have them katana's on top of your TV or something cheesy like that? Well, I thought about doing hte same thing but with a nasty axe.. this is just an example, I want it more scary:

I also thought about having a projector hidden, so I could like play the court events of famous serial killers on a loop, project that baby on the wall, like moving picture art, NO SOUND though.

I think this is my own style because I'm incorporating some things that are interesting to me, and mostly because I also use my favourite actors and authors and one of my favourite books (foucault, kinski, Divine Comedy).

The point is to make it a bit dark, kind of weird and ****ed up. As if.. I need to add to the weirdness bit with not so obvious elements, so if a stranger would come ot my place, they'd think 'holy ****, a serial killer lives here', and wouldn't have any doubs about it either. They'd escape, and have nightmares about it for the rest of their lives.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

I mean, it would be great if I would be able to create this extremely disturbing vibe. Also, I thought about putting another projector, projecting to the other side of the wall, and it would be looping like old bad quality family picnic films with fast cuts and editing. Because all scary films have that, it's like the short diary of the victims. But that might be too much, kind of bad taste even, since the other wall would play the serial killer court events.

It's not like you're suppsoed to be actively watching them, they're like two paintings with moving images and no sound.

Then it would be cool to try to submit this to a decoration and design magazine. I bet some Hollywood psycho would want me to decorate their place like mine. But it's cool, because I'd be the only one having a design like this.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

I can just hear Pekka's neighbors now:

"He seemed like such a nice boy. He was always so quiet and polite."
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Right. But this is, of course, only to try new disturbing art. I call it Distart.

I'm just creating new styles as I go.
        In da butt.

Comment

Isn't this the kind of thread that you're meant to call the police about?

Comment

'yes hello officer? THere is this guy on the internet who has disturbing design ideas. Yeah, he is thinking about new styles to decorate his place with.. yeah, he wants to use famous posters and paintings. Seriously.'

I'm sure that I can find a person in Hollywood who'd pay big bucks for me to do their place. Jack Nicholson or someone like that.
            In da butt.

Comment

Pekka's turning his apartment into an S&M club? Eww.
              The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

I'd like to buy disturbing paintings, but since I'm broke, I'd have to settle with posters
                In da butt.

Comment

I'm thinking the axe is a bad idea though. I don't want weapons like that in my place.

But still, why do you people think it is so uncomfortable to have some pictures on your walls, most of all the face of a famous author, famous actor, illustration from a famous book, adn then few other pics? What is so disturbing to you guys about it? I don't get it.
                  In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                    I mean, it would be great if I would be able to create this extremely disturbing vibe.
                    Well I'm disturbed and I haven't even been to your house.

Comment

Your decorating tastes seem to resemble mine
                      In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Oncle Boris, please, show me pictures of your place?
                        In da butt.

Comment

It's not decorated, yet...
                          In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Working...
                          X