I am tired of war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am tired of war

At the gym they have ESPN, CNN, and some other network (showed Jepaordy tonight). I watch the CNN feed often, as I am not very interested in sports.

All it seems to have is war or celebrities. And a lot of it is "Americas War". Before I didn't care, it wasn't me fighting, and excluding my sister's boyfrenid (who I don't like all that well and who did a stint in Afganistan) I have no one close to me who has been involved in it.

But I am tired of it now... let us be at peace for a while.

Jon Miller
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Re: I am tired of war

You have a remarkable talent for understantment, Jon.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller

But I am tired of it now... let us be at peace for a while.

Jon Miller
      I like this, but what if the opposition have another point of view ?
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Suicide bombers are die hard.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Let's pull back from Iraq, I don't (And never did) understand how it was suppose to protect us against Suicide bombers in the US.

In fact, right now I am feeling we should pull back from everywhere. Maybe stay in North Korea if they want us. Europe is stable now, the only reason to stay in europe is American Imperialism (Which I use to have no problem with, it is this war constantly in the news/etc which has made me not want to be involved in it).

Jon Miller
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Putin's getting to you, isn't he?
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

You are quite right - why should the western countries worry about what happens outside their area.
              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

A Swede has no idea. A Swede can make that kind of statement.

Comment

So is your argument that we should end the war because CNN is annoying?
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                    A Swede has no idea. A Swede can make that kind of statement.
                    I know that you are a mexican, but I'm still a bit confused why you say this.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I'm a what? Oh, now you've gone too far.

Comment

Swede/Dane, American/Mexican... makes sense to me.

I'm with Jon on this one. I love Jeopardy.

Comment

[SIZE=1] let us be at peace for a while.

Jon Miller
                          Thats what yanks do, they bomb some small country every 2 or three years.

The difference is now they have been stuck in iraq for years, and some yanks actually get killed.

American isolationism is a myth.
                          I need a foot massage

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
                            So is your argument that we should end the war because CNN is annoying?
                            Actually, it's a variation of Bush's recent argument that all Americans really are making sacrifices for the war, because we all have to listen to depressing news on tv.

I wish I were kidding.
                            "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Yeah yeah yeah, we all watch the Daily Show.
                              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
                              X