Actor Ian Richardson dies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actor Ian Richardson dies

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Who was he?

/me checks link.

Oh, I vaguely remember him. Too bad.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

One of his final roles was Death in Sky's 'Hogfather'. I don't know if you read Pratchett, but I doubt anyone could have done Death better.

Comment

... even death may die.
        Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

you may say that, I couldn't possibly comment
          Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
          Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Originally posted by TheStinger
            You may very well say that. I couldn't possibly comment.
            Fixed.

Comment

To bad I liked his work.
              Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
              Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
              Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
              You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

I don't like to use the word 'Genius' lightly, but this guy was, in my opinion. He was probably my favourite actor ever, even over Bogart.

Comment

Damned shame. Liked him in pretty near everything, buut especially House of Cards/To Play the King. RIP.
                  "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly
                    especially House of Cards/To Play the King. RIP.
                    I never tire of watching these.

Comment

He was excellent as the Mole, Bill Haydon in 'Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy'.

Also good in 'Dark City' too.

Never had the chance to see him perform on stage, but his 'Richard III' received excellent reviews. I loved his portrayal of Conan Doyle's mentor in 'Murder Rooms'.

He will be missed.

Ian Richardson with Bernard Hepton in 'Tinker Tailor...'
                      Attached Files
                      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

He was terrific in Tinker, Tailor; just rewatched that recently...
                        "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Working...
                        X