Palestinian rivals agree on unity government

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Palestinian rivals agree on unity government

In the big scheme of things, what does this mean?

11 minutes ago

MECCA, Saudi Arabia (Reuters) - Rival Palestinian factions agreed at crisis talks in Saudi Arabia on Thursday on the formation of a unity government, an official said.

"We have agreed to form a national unity government. The agreement will be signed very soon," Palestinian ambassador to Saudi Arabia Jamal al-Shobaki told Reuters.

The Islamist group Hamas, which won the last Palestinian elections, and Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas's
    Fatah faction earlier agreed on the distribution of key cabinet posts.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Re: Palestinian rivals agree on unity government

Originally posted by SlowwHand

depends on whether the govt has agreed to accept and be bound by previous PA agreements, including the Oslo accords. Thus far, Hamas has hinted at most that they would "respect" previously signed agreements.
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

What? I liked it when they were shooting each other.
      "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

(translation: talk, talk, it's only talk)

(for music living Sloww: look up King Crimson's 'Elefant talk' (on the album 'Discipline'))
        "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
        "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

I have In The Court of The Crimson King, I'll get that now.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

21st Century Schizoid Man

Comment

Presumably it means they start shooting at Israel again.

Comment

Agreeing is easy.
                They 'agreed' several dozen times this year alone.

Keeping agreements, now that's another issue.

Comment

They can't even hold to cease-fire agreements. What makes us think that they can hold together a unity government, if they can't stop shooting each other?
                  I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Maybe they can shoot one another over the table at cabinet sessions.
                    Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Working...
                    X