No announcement yet.

Will Al Gore run?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude, Zombie Reagan/Gore 2108 would be an awesome ticket!
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

You know, he might be waiting to see how the other candidates do. If one of the front-runners manages to implode, it might be a good time to step in and whatnot. Otherwise, this race is really very competitive already.
      "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
      -Joan Robinson

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Galis
        You know, he might be waiting to see how the other candidates do. If one of the front-runners manages to implode, it might be a good time to step in and whatnot. Otherwise, this race is really very competitive already.
        I think so too. Gore is probably not sure himself yet whether he'll run or not. If a good opportunity comes, like Victor says, I'd bet he steps in.
        "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
        "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

It strikes me of the Mario Cuomo hesitate and lose the opportunity strategy ala Primary Colors.
          "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Gore's not going to have a chance to jump in later. Hillary is unbeatable...

What many conservatives regard as the nightmare scenario -- President Hillary Rodham Clinton -- is increasingly seen by veteran Republican politicians and strategists as a virtual inevitability.

In GOP circles, the Democratic front-runner is seen as so strong, and the political climate for Republicans so hostile, that many influential voices -- including current and former lawmakers, and veterans of President Bush's campaigns -- have grown despairing. These partisans describe a political equivalent of the stages of grief, starting with denial, then resentment and ending with acceptance.

For now, these Republicans say the party needs good luck, including a change of fortune in Iraq, and a revival of organization and leadership in the conservative movement to avert another Clinton presidency.

"If the conservative movement and Republicans don't understand how massive the Clinton coalition is, she will be the next president," former House Majority Leader Tom DeLay said in an interview last week, after giving a private talk to GOP lawmakers. Clinton will win, he added, "if we don't use everything available to us and motivate our base, the people that believe in us."

Hillary
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I don't see him running.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Is there anything in the constitution preventing him from being vice president again? I don't think it'll happen but I could see him angling for a cabinet post under the next President.
                LandMasses Version 3 Now Available since 18/05/2008.

Comment

Hillary, like shrub jr, strikes me as everything that is wrong with American politics today. The sense of entitlement where offices are passed around from father to son or from husband to wife, the arrogant inside the beltway set who run things because they've rigged the system in their favor, the endless flip-flopping and double speak where they say one thing then do the opposite, and the fact that once these ticks worm their way in they're practically there for life.

I wish they'd have all the Washington insiders gather together for one giant photograph and then have a metor crash and kill them all. That would do wonders for our country.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Gosh, Oerdin!
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

All the right people hate Hillary.
                      KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

My guess is that Gore will "wait and see" until late in the campaign. He may pick up both an Oscar and the Nobel Peace Prize.

If a major "Stop Hillary," "Stop Edwards" "Stop Biden" movement, it can then draft Gore as its champion. and he can put a staff together from the remnence of the failed campaigns over fallen candidates.

Comment

That would be sweet. It isn't like I think Gore is the best guy in the world but he seems to be the only one who could possibly beat Hillary. A Gore-Obama ticket could pick up the centrists and the liberals while avoiding the massive negatives Hillary brings to the table. An actual outsider would be better but no outsider will be able to beat Hillary now that she has more money then god.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                            ....she has more money then god.
                            But does she have more money than the Republicans?
                            Last edited by Zkribbler; February 7, 2007, 14:49.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

But does she have more money that the Republicans?
                              But of course, God is clearly a Republican, don't you know?
                              "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                              -Joan Robinson

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X