Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everywhere I go, there's always something to remind me, of another place and time...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everywhere I go, there's always something to remind me, of another place and time...

Is the caveman a victim of racial descrimination? He's from a different time so he could be of the same race as those descriminating against him...

Other than that though, cavemen are stupider than we are, yes? Just as we will likely be seen as stupider than those that live a hundred thousand years from now.

'So easy 21st century man could do it.'

Discuss...
    Yes, stupider
    20.00%
    No, the same
    20.00%
    Smarter
    0.00%
    Bananas had seeds back then
    60.00%
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Who's smarter: caveman or gecko?
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the rock.
      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

So? Isn't that natural? The argument that our brains evolve, etc., aside, people get better education with time and whatnot. Your average high-school student knows much more about science than the average adult in the Middle Ages. Reading & writing skills used to be only for the elite, now they're basic skills in developed countries.

A thousand years later people will use much more advanced technology based on much more advanced science, so of course some things that we are yet to discover will be common knowledge by then.
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

The average cavemen had likely suffered one or more episodes of starvation during childhood. That can't've done anything good for his mental prowess.
          Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
          The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Depends on who the caveman was, and who specifically "we" refers to... and in the future just how irradiated the landscape is.

Comment

Aeson, just what makes you so pessimistic about the chances of humanity to survive?
              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Who says I am pessimistic about it? I just referred to the fact that we have the capability to set ourselves back, and that how irradiated the landscape is would be a good indicator of if it had happened... nothing about the odds it will happen.

Comment

Re: Everywhere I go, there's always something to remind me, of another place and time...

Originally posted by Lancer
                  ... cavemen are stupider than we are, yes? ...
                  Don't confuse "smart" with "educated."

We know more than cavemen when it comes to things like science, how to win at Civ. or how to make chocorum drinks.

But they know more on how to stay alive in cold weather dressed in only a loincloth, how to catch gazelles on the open plain and where to find really pretty seashells.

Comment

There's a third one out now. These cavemen are at a party... and, and...oh my!

You have to see it.
                    Long time member @ Apolyton
                    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

The real folly is thinking we are really so smart now...
                      Yes we have accumulated a lot of knowledge, but has humanity gained any wisdom?
                      I don't think so.

If the environment in the future is quite radiated then I'm pretty sure the survivors will tend to think that this generation was really quite stupid - even if the survivors are living like cavemen...

Comment

The real question is, would astronaut or a caveman win in a fistfight...

Comment

Working...
                        X