Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone installed Vista & Office 2007 with January 30 official release?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone installed Vista & Office 2007 with January 30 official release?

I want to start out by saying I understand a new OS such as VISTA has inherently untraceable bugs and exploits that need patching.

I also understand 2007 Office falls into same category.

I have both and both have been nothing short of a major dissapointment, mostly because tech support has no idea how to fix these glitches, crashes and shortcomings.

I am a Microsoft fan, not a fanboy.

I was wondering, besides some expertsn here that loaded from a Beta or from a corporate account, has anyone had any problems with either of these?

I am frustrated but will be patient, just seeing if anyone else has been having frustrating problems too.

Gramps
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

I've been an Office 2007 beta tester for months, and I highly recommend it. It kicks ass.

I've been running Vista for less than 24 hours and I can say that all problems have been my fault, for the most part.

Comment

I think that Gramps has new, top of the line hardware with new, top of the like OS.

So I think the problems likely stem from that. If you have slightly older hardware (like 5 months old) you will likely not have any problems.

JM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

In otherwords GT, just look out for driver releases! I have already seen some from Toshiba.

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
          I think that Gramps has new, top of the line hardware with new, top of the like OS.
          I just built my brother's computer this weekend. Brand new hardware with retail Office 2007 and Vista...no problems.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I haven't had an issue with Office 2007 so far, other than the unsurprising failure of OCR to recognize Russian.
            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Yeah, Asher, but it is unsurprising that there would be some problems with such setups.

JM
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

GT, you did go and check for driver updates everywhere, right?

JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                  GT, you did go and check for driver updates everywhere, right?

JM
                  Yes indeedy

Yesterday 2007 got uninstalled by me because it downloaded like 10 copies of each email and kept crashing and I could do nothing about it, it sent error messages that it had to close and then it said no possible solution was currently available.

I spent a total of 9 + hours two nights in a row talking all over the world between Vista and Office support and no one had any clue why all these errors were coming up.

Vista has a few on again off again errors. No rhyme or reason it encounters an error and then closes.

The biggest craw in my dad is the frickin Office. I am P!$$ED!!!! @FF at Microshaft right now, I uninstalled 2007 Office, installed Office and then the 2003 upgrade I had and it tells me I only have 35 more starts and then its finito, because i used up all my installs.

Know when I did this? When XP came out and I had a bunch of errors which eventually got repaired by files sent to me by Microsoft. Ok, so i learn the hard way but I had no idea, none,zip,zilch that I only had "X" amount of installs.

Thats frickin Bogus.

I sent an ugly gram to Microshaft because I have been playing nice, I reckon when it all washes, I am screwed unless someone knows a work around

Gramps
                  Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Well, if they go and stop working call and complain a lot. That often works.

It does sound like Office isn't working well for you. I have used the Beta Excel and didn't have much problems with it, but that sounds like some nasty bugs. You shouldn't have to pay more because of software bugs.

Jon Miller
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

This reminds me of Civ4 btw. I, and many others, had no problems. For many though, the software just wouldn't work as shipped.

JM
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Working...
                      X