CIV IV won't install on Vista

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CIV IV won't install on Vista

I can't get Civ IV to install on Vista. The installer can't find DirectX (10) and wants to install an old version (9). Does anyone have a work around for this?

... install the old version. Duh. Civ IV requires DX9.

Comment

I was told that Vista requires DirectX 10, so allowing CIV IV to install 9 is not an option.

Comment

They can exist side by side.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
          ... install the old version. Duh. Civ IV requires DX9.
          Don't be arrogant, wafflehead. He asked for help.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand

Don't be arrogant, wafflehead. He asked for help.
            @Wafflehead
            bleh

Comment

THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by cronos_qc
                @Wafflehead

Comment

Kuciwaffle?

ACK!
                  Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Re: CIV IV won't install on Vista

Originally posted by bspecter
                    I can't get Civ IV to install on Vista. The installer can't find DirectX (10) and wants to install an old version (9). Does anyone have a work around for this?
                    Visit this place instead :

There you'll get serious answers, not crackpot fantasies like here
                    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Actually, Asher was right.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I don't doubt that, but I think that bspecter will find the CIV IV department much more interesting than OT when having questions about that
                        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Yes it will!
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

The only thing I noticed it that the fonts looks a bit different, it looks like smoothing is applied whereas this never occured on XP.
                            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I have Vista and CivIV works fine, you get a warning it wont work properly but it does, actually, the only "thing" you see is a small glitch when loading a save with a little bit of white area in middle of screen around where the loading box messages are, for a brief moment

My new rig needed massive tweaking with Vista and Office 2007 which Office 2007 worked after 3 days of messing with now after less than 24 Hrs it kept crashing, so I removed and will reinstall once they get the bugs worked out.. Had to surrender my Radeon 1950 DDR3 as onboard Nvidia drivers were causing problems so had to switch to a GeForce 7950 DDR3. I got an AMD 64X2 5200+ Dual Core Processor with 4 GIGS RAM and 400 Gig HD

Do love this rig though

Last edited by Grandpa Troll; February 3, 2007, 20:15.
                              Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Working...
                              X