Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The dem's victory for Iran bill...after that, where to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The dem's victory for Iran bill...after that, where to?

Or whatever they're calling it. You know, the one that cuts off funds for our troops in Iraq.

We've lost 3000 or so troops, and the civilians can't take it any more. So we've got our collective tail between our collective legs and are in the process of bugging out. Where to? Should we maintain a force in Kuwait to protect Kuwait and Saudi from the victorious Iranians or run all the way home where momma will make all better?

I was watching the History channel the other day and on the first day of the battle of the Somme the Brits lost 57,000 troops.Fifty Seven Thousand. If they had had our resolve the Germans would have won the war by 1 AM.

Discuss...
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Oh come on. 0?

Comment

They have the balls to cut off funding for the troops????

I'm astounded. Rather uncharacsteristic of the the hand wringing Euro wannabes.
        "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

They feel empowered, in a new age Hollywood kinda way, by the woosieness of the populace as shown by the elections.

Comment

At this rate there will come a time, when we will be nostalgic about a time when Saddam was still in power .
            "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
            -Joan Robinson

Comment

He might have helped us invade Iran...

Comment

Stay and die is much better than cut and run.

Cowards.
                "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Hmm You're not Fwench Canadian are you Wezil?

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                    Hmm You're not Fwench Canadian are you Wezil?
                    Nope, just man enough to recognize a failed mission. Soldiers continuing to die b/c some are too proud to admit they ****** the pooch is tragic.
                    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I was watching the History channel the other day and on the first day of the battle of the Somme the Brits lost 57,000 troops.
                      Oh, what a lovely war.

-Arrian
                      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                        Oh come on. 0?
                        The rating is provisional. It may increase depending on how many people bite
                        Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                        Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

I believe victory in Iraq in now inevitable just because we've given up. Victory for Iran that is.

Hey, I wonder if we told China they can have all Iran's oil if they can take the place if they would be interested? They do share a common border and the Chinese do have 200 million guys under arms...

Comment

Originally posted by Tacc

The rating is provisional. It may increase depending on how many people bite

Comment

grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
                              X