No announcement yet.

Fundy Whacko Kills Son

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not denying the real issue. I don't doubt that you're telling the truth about knowing someone involved in a similar real-life situation.

I just think this is an obvious troll.
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

More often than not the kids are just kicked out of the house.

For example, when Anthony Castro was 16 he was a high school sports star (in 3 sports) at his school. He came out to his parents and got kicked out of the house and still didn't speak to them until he died recently at age 19 (car accident).

In 19 short years, gay athlete Michael Anthony Castro opened people's eyes, writes LZ Granderson.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I personally know several people who have been through similar situations. It doesn't make "Betty" any less of a troll, though.
        ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

dude, that castro story is sad
          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
            I don't understand the logic that because it's a new user it's a troll. If the woman is truly in distress she can google "christian support" online or whatever and find such a group and confide in them and receive Christian ideals in return.

The fact that the "troll" never completed the task (eg, actually mocking them at the end or whatever) tells me it wasn't a troll at all.

I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if this happened, because it's not that rare, actually. It's just interesting to see the kind of stuff on a public forum. And even if this was a fake incident, it's very believable and the responses she got were 100% real...
            Asher , nobody says it's completely impossible that it's true.
            It's also possible it's fake.
            All people are saying is some details of the story make them feel it's a fake.

Like Jaguar said, that's not necessarily sidestepping or downplaying the issue.

Comment

I'm skeptical about this. It may or may not be true.

Anyways, do the other Poly gays automatically think this story is true, too?
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Asher: If we treated you like the mom, would you have run up to your room for a little hockey stick hari-kari?

Comment

I think glonkie is the mom?

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
                    dude, that castro story is sad
                    The real tragedy was that he didn't know there was a whole street in SF named after him where he could have gone to fit in.
                    1011 1100
                    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok
                      B. Not wanting child to be beaten to death
                      I don't know where you live, but wherever it is, I am not moving there...
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• Originally posted by Provost Harrison

I don't know where you live, but wherever it is, I am not moving there...
                        Texas Man Dies 3 Years After Brutal UK Gay Bashing
                        by 365Gay.com Newscenter Staff

July 27, 2006 - 5:00 pm ET

(Manchester, England) A Texas man who never fully recovered from a vicious gay bashing while on a holiday in Manchester three years ago has died.

Martin Salinas' attackers were never caught and now police have reopened the case as a murder investigation.

Salinas was set upon on May 11, 2003.shortly after he and two friends left a club in Manchester's gay village.

He was beaten, stomped on and kicked until he fell unconscious.

The attack left Salinas with brain damage and paralysis on one side of his body.

When he became well enough to be moved he was flown back to his family in Texas but never fully recovered. Salinas died of a seizure earlier this week. He was 39.

An autopsy showed that the seizure was brought on as a direct result of the scarring on his brain caused by the serious head injuries suffered in the attack.

Gay bashing attack on Clapham Common

A violent homophobic attack on a man which left him with a badly broken leg on Clapham Common took place just yards from where a young bar manager was beaten to death last October.

The 40-year-old victim was attacked at 4am on Saturday 18th March close to a wooded area known as a notorious gay cruising area.

The victim had been talking to a black man, also believed to be in his forties, before the assault and suggested to his attacker he was gay. The suspect, described as stocky, became extremely angry and then physically assaulted the victim.

The victim was knocked unconscious after suffering severe facial injuries and having his right leg broken.

Police and an ambulance rushed to the scene after being called by a witness. The man was taken to the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital where he underwent surgery on his leg.

The incident happened a few hundred yards from where the gay bar manager, Jody Dobrowski was beaten to death last October.

Jody, 24, was walking home from a friend's house in the early hours when he was brutally beaten. He died later in hospital from head, neck and facial injuries. Two men deny his murder and will stand trial in June.

Police pieced together a description of the suspect in the recent attack using several witness statements. He is described as black with dark skin, aged approx 40 -45 years, stocky, 5ft 9ins tall and wearing a black hooded top with a white band on the hood and dark trousers.

Officers also revealed the man had earlier tried to strangle a 29-year-old man in the same area. The suspect had grabbed the victim's scarf and pulled it tight enough to cause minor neck injuries.

A finger-tip search of the area was carried out by forensics teams but no arrests have yet been made.

DCI Sue Knight, who is leading the investigation, said:"We want to hear from anyone who may have information about this man, did you see him, have you been assaulted in similar circumstances.

"We recognise that some people, particularly those using this area of the common may be reluctant to come forward, however we can assure them that any information you provide will be treated in the strictest confidence and you will be treated sensitively.

"We would also urge people to be extremely careful and consider their personal safety if they are using this area in the hours of darkness."

Anyone with information is urged to contact Wandsworth CID on 020 8247 5435, Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111 or the Galop Shoutline on 020 7704 2040
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Manchester...hmmm...I rest my case. They beat you up for having two nostrils there...
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• Glonkie is the mom, Glonkie is the mom!

Comment

• Manchester is a pretty naff place to live...well, most of Britain is naff.
                              You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe

Naaah. Just too little on original detail. Kid says hes afraid to tell mom cause she won't understand. She says typical fundy crap he goes crying to his room claiming "I knew you wouldn't understand."

Sounds like an after school special on ABC.
                                Have you forgotten how terribly cliched some people really are?
                                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Working...
                                X