No announcement yet.

Ok, I know, weird thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[q=Pekka]LordShiva, you can't complete that mission man.. I've tasted 80% alcohol, and it burns so much, that you can't take gulps. IF you do one, you'll be burning so bad, that you aren't even able to puke like that. You'll be just gasping for air.[/q]

Fixed v2

Krill
    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

I have done a bit less than 1.5 750ml bottles of Whiskey (40%) alcohol before. I did end up puking later. (it was not in an hour, more like 8)

100% alcohol is gross (or at least, the Everclear is) but I think I could drink it.

And I might not throw up for a bit. Although, I would want to to clear out that much alcohol.

Also, your body absorbes alcohol the fastest when it is about at a 30% mixture, so it will actually be slower at 100%. So an hour or so later, start puking.

I know when I use to get drunk of Whiskey I would being getting drunker for an hour or two after I quit drinking.

JM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Yeah, but the point still is, half a liter of pure 100% alcohol and sunday drinking is a different thing, these do not compare.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Is that pure 100% alcohol ethanol, methanol, or...?

...also, source for the ash and sand?
          B♭3

Comment

I agree that the 95% Everclear was such that I needed some watter to shoot it down after my doubleshot.

But this was after I hadn't drank much for about a year...

KH could probably drink tha 500ml of 100% alcohol and survive. It is over the deathrate for an average human though, I think.

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Right, right, I mean I'm saying there's a good chance of dying, but naturally you can survive and make it. I just think it's one of the most risky ones to choose.
              In da butt.
              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

I think I keep getting mixed up with the ammount of time involved with the acohol.

I know that alcoholics can intake that much... but I am not sure about the 5 minutes.

So I could be completely wrong.

I do know that it feels like I am still getting drunker significantly later then I was actually drinking (when I got heavily drunk in the past). Additionally, I would throw up and my drunkiness would decrease, hours later.

Also, unless you are very different from me, you couldn't drink 500ml of 100% alcohol without throwing up. I don't think I could drink 4 shots (~120ml) without puking (unless I had a shooter).

Honestly, the time I did the everclear I puked after a few shots, not from alcohol content (I wasn't anywhere near drunk, and definitely nowhere near seriously drunk) but from what it did to my stomach.

Jon Miller
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Exactly. It's the safest option. The hair will kill you. The sand will grind up your insides. The sh|t and the garbage can juice are nasty. Dunno about the ash (probably carcinogenic or something).
                  THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                  AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                  AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                  DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

From Wiki:

* Euphoria (BAC = 0.03 to 0.12 %)
                    o Subject may experience an overall improvement in mood and possible euphoria.
                    o They may become more self-confident or daring.
                    o Their attention span shortens. They may look flushed.
                    o Their judgement is not as good — they may express the first thought that comes to mind, rather than an appropriate comment for the given situation.
                    o They have trouble with fine movements, such as writing or signing their name.

* Lethargy (BAC = 0.09 to 0.25 %)
                    o Subject may become sleepy
                    o They have trouble understanding or remembering things, even recent events. They do not react to situations as quickly.
                    o Their body movements are uncoordinated; they begin to lose their balance easily, stumbling; walking is not stable.)
                    o Their vision becomes blurry. They may have trouble sensing things (hearing, tasting, feeling, etc.).

* Confusion (BAC = 0.18 to 0.30 %)
                    o Profound confusion — uncertain where they are or what they are doing. Dizziness and staggering occur.
                    o Heightened emotional state — aggressive, withdrawn, or overly affectionate. Vision, speech, and awareness are impaired.
                    o Poor coordination and pain response. Nausea and vomiting often occur.

* Stupor (BAC = 0.25 to 0.40 %)
                    o Movement severely impaired; lapses in and out of consciousness.
                    o Subjects can slip into a coma; will become completely unaware of surroundings, time passage, and actions.
                    o Risk of death is very high due to alcohol poisoning and/or pulmonary aspiration of vomit while unconscious.

* Coma (BAC = 0.35 to 0.50 %)
                    o Unconsciousness sets in.
                    o Reflexes are depressed (i.e., pupils do not respond appropriately to changes in light).
                    o Breathing is slower and more shallow. Heart rate drops. Death usually occurs at levels in this range.

* Death (BAC more than 0.50 %)
                    o Alcohol causes central nervous system to fail, resulting in death.

Effects of Alcohol at Different Blood Alcohol Contents Number of Drinks Blood Alcohol Content Typical Effect
                    1 0.02-.03% Noticeable cognitive changes
                    5 .10-.15% Person obviously intoxicated, delirium
                    12 .24-.36% Loss of consciousness
                    24 .48% Severe coma and death

------

Now I know there are other factors. But when I drank often, I did 12 very commonly. And while that got me drunk, I was nowhere near loss of consciousness, maybe 24 would do that to me if I didn't throw up.

That does scare me a bit, I would often drink huge ammounts it seems like...

Jon Miller
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                      Now I know there are other factors. But when I drank often, I did 12 very commonly. And while that got me drunk, I was nowhere near loss of consciousness, maybe 24 would do that to me if I didn't throw up.
                      Yeah, those numbers seem suspect.
                      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Those are also very.. wide guidelines, you know?

While .5 is definitely dangerous, usually meaning death, there are often alcoholics who are close to that or even pass that figure and they're not dying. I still remember some guy was pulled over by cops, and he had over .5.. they said he was driving normally but because of some other reasons he was pulled over. When he got out though, he couldn't figure anything out but was pretty much lost.

Then this one guy took his car to the check up, and they called cops on his ass because he smelled so much like booze. over .5... So this is a common place in here, however, normally this would be where you are dead already.
                        In da butt.

Comment

One guy survived .91...

JM
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

yeah.. that's just crazy. But I've always thought, that .5 is basically dead, if you are a normal person. I mean, some of our local alcoholics, they drink stuff that goes into cars man.. you know, the stuff you put in so your windows won't freeze up.

Pure poison. It makes them go blind in time, but they drink it like it's milk, it would kill a normal person, or at least poison them so bad they'd be in a hospital for few weeks at least, with damaged organs.
                            In da butt.

Comment

I'd take a shot of the alcohol and then down the garbage can juice.

Or maybe a shot of the alcohol, then mix some alcohol with the ash and eat the ash. Yeah.
                              "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                              "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                              "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Stuie, wait, that's actually a good idea. I think we have a winner here
                                In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                                X