word 2007 smart art

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• word 2007 smart art

A few of the Smart Art styles in Word 2007 say that they are good for showing nonlinear processes. Unfortunately, I can't seem to figure out how to actually make the process nonlinear. Anyone tried to do this and figured it out?`

Also, is there a simple algorithm for translating a deterministic finite automaton into a regex?

Comment

I'll answer your Word 2007 question when I am home.

As for your CS question -- yes, is it not intuitive when you look at and interpret the DFA?
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

The question tickles me because normally people have problems in mapping a regex to a DFA, not vice versa.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

...or are you referring to a software approach? If so it becomes simple graph theory. Google Kleene's Algorithm as a start.

Comment

We have to construct a DFA and regex that accepted all binary strings divisible by three. A DFA is trivial to construct. The regex is non-obvious to me.

I've got something like this so far: 0*(1(00)*1)*(1(1(00)*1)*0(00)*1(1(00)*1)*0(00)*1(1 (00)*1)*)*(1(00)*1)*0*

Hm, that actually looks like it's the complete answer... thanks

Comment

re: Kleene's: interesting

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                We have to construct a DFA and regex that accepted all binary strings divisible by three. A DFA is trivial to construct. The regex is non-obvious to me.

I've got something like this so far: 0*(1(00)*1)*(1(1(00)*1)*0(00)*1(1(00)*1)*0(00)*1(1 (00)*1)*)*(1(00)*1)*0*

Hm, that actually looks like it's the complete answer... thanks
                Now reduce it and eliminate states.

Parsing a regular expression from viewing a DFA is something that you get more comfortable with time. Later on it's pretty essential.

Comment

Format the arrows to point where you want them to (click and rotate in Circular Bending Process, for example).
                  THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                  AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                  AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                  DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Re: word 2007 smart art

A few of the Smart Art styles in Word 2007 say that they are good for showing nonlinear processes. Unfortunately, I can't seem to figure out how to actually make the process nonlinear. Anyone tried to do this and figured it out?`
                    What is a non-linear process?

You mean like a flowchart with branching?

Comment

Yep. Specifically, a DFA

LS's solution doesn't seem to work.

It seems entirely possible that the smart art can't do it at this time

Comment

Maybe change the default arrow shapes to more useful ones?
                        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Yep. Specifically, a DFA

LS's solution doesn't seem to work.

It seems entirely possible that the smart art can't do it at this time
                          This is the kind of stuff Visio is made for.

Get Visio 2007.

Comment

Working...
                          X