Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody used Mushkin for a RAM purchase?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody used Mushkin for a RAM purchase?

So, I wanted to upgrade my RAM for Vista. I looked all over and got 2 1GB chips from Mushkin. I ordered it on the evening of the 24th and got a confirmation email. It seems on the 25th they charged my account, but I never received a shipping email. So today, I tried calling, but no one was there. I left a couple messages and also left an email. No reply today.

Anyone else buy RAM from Mushkin.com? Is this normal procedure? They just take your money and then the RAM appears on your doorstep without any shipping emails sent?

I know they have a forum, but I don't want to be the whiny loser asking "where is my RAM!!1!". Well, not until Tuesday at any rate .
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Don't use shady websites

Newegg.com FTW
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Some info:

Relatively good rating, but the most recent posts are pretty negative. Indicative of a seller that used to be good, but isn't anymore.

BBB had 3 complaints in 36 months, 1 satisfactorily dealt with, 1 dealt with to the satisfaction of the BBB but not the customer, and 1 was not able to be dealt with (but is to the satisfaction of the BBB).

Sounds to me like they'll probably ship you your stuff, just that they've gone a bit down hill in customer service.

Comment

Mushkin is a reputable brand.
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Brand is one thing. Website selling could well be another. There have been many cases of that.

Comment

Thanks snoopy. Didn't even think to check the BBB stuff. Mushkin is supposed to be a very good brand, which is why I bought from them. Their customer service may be crap though.

Reading the reviews, it appears that this has happened to folks in the past (at least 2 of the reviews). One was they forgot to send it out and the other was they were out of stock but didn't bother to tell the guy . Neither are good. But if the phones were off, maybe there was a snowstorm in Denver (where they are located)? Another guy was called by them the day he placed the order saying it was out of stock and then received a shipment earlier than they said it would be without a shipping email being sent to him.

I'm hoping to get a response on Monday morning. Hopefully saying they shipped it but forgot to send an email, or are shipping it on Monday morning.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

I ordered from them once, everything was smooth as silk. Around a year later, I had to RMA my stick, and again, no problem at all.
              In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

I bet some Mushkin CEO fled with all the money and is now spending a nice time on the Bahamas with people's RAM
                Blah

Comment

Just got an email response:

Hello,

Your order shipped on the 25th of January under the FedEx tracking number 699234979519. The estimated delivery is tomorrow by 4.30pm.

Mushkin Support

Though I wish they sent me an email confirmation on the 25th!

Comment

If it still doesn't arrive, can you sue millions out of them?
                    Blah

Comment

Damn straight

Comment

Working...
                      X