Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem: PS3s not selling; Solution: Raise prices, remove cheap model

Sony -- the next Ford?

Well, we've all been clamoring for Sony to adjust the ridiculous price of their Playstation 3, and they've finally gone ahead changed it for us. Oh, just a couple of notes before you get excited: the price change is only effective in Canada, and it's a $50 increase. Yeah, you Canucks were getting off easy only having to pay $649 of your funny money for a PS3. The new price of $699 should suit you much better.

Oh, and it also appears that they've removed all 20GB models from the Canadian market as well. Is there a more anti-consumer company than Sony out there? Seriously, it's like they're trying to agitate their customers. Next they'll announce that in order to buy a PS3 you need to submit to a solid kick to the balls before leaving the store. –Adam Frucci

Wow. Amazing. Stunning.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

In 2 months it'll be HALF PRICE, ONLY £349!!
    www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Kick in the balls? That's sexist!
      I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

They have been playing a funny game Asher. They then decide to launch it in the UK for far more than they were charging in the US. Personally I find that annoying and would not buy it for that very reason (not like I was going to buy one anyway).
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

poor Sony

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

They deserve everything they get nowadays...
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Sony is rotten to the core.

Comment

Does Sony make any money per PS3 that it sells?
                meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

According to some analysts, it costs around 900$ to build. So, no.
                  Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

...Asher, I think you got it wrong:

Only Bestbuy and FutureShop have raised their price.

Walmart are selling their PS3 60GB at 659$, the same as Sony Webstore!

bleh

Comment

It seems to be a store decision not Sony decision(but I'm surprised that Sony doesn't force the store to sell some of their products at the price they want)
                      bleh

Comment

Originally posted by cronos_qc
                        ...Asher, I think you got it wrong:

Only Bestbuy and FutureShop have raised their price.

Walmart are selling their PS3 60GB at 659$, the same as Sony Webstore!

http://www.sonystyle.ca/commerce/ser...=100152n100345
                        That's still a price increase. Although it's interesting that there are now different prices. It looks like they're even scummier than we thought and are opting for "open" pricing...retailers can set whatever price they want on it. That was their policy for the Japan launch.
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Although I wouldn't use Sony's website as a barometer. This is the same site that just the other day used a Project Gotham Racing 3 image to advertise for GT 4.

Comment

Working...
                          X