Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel like curry tonight

Not me personally..

What should I have? A nice spicy Dhansak or a more unorthodox dish? Has to be with pillow rice, and a Peshwaari Nan bread too
    www.my-piano.blogspot

Well ban my ass and call me Fezzie! Go for a nice spicy Dhansak
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

mmm peshwaari, last time i went for an indians it was the only indian thing i ate, it was steak+chips for me lol
      Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Whhaaat, you feel like diarrhea? WHat ever, you're a f'ing paki anyway!
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

At least diarrhoea clears everything out!
          www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Oh by the way, I tried out this Nepali place like a month ago.. it was excellent, just excellent! I was really happily surprised since I thought I wouldn't like it and had avoided Nepali stuff, but it was really great. The taste was new to me, but really nice and really comfortable. Plus, it was pretty cheap too
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I hope they cook the chicken OK..
              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Hm, if you didn´t have curry for a long time, take Dr. Gregory House

Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Re: I feel like curry tonight

Originally posted by Doddler
                  Not me personally..

What should I have? A nice spicy Dhansak or a more unorthodox dish? Has to be with pillow rice, and a Peshwaari Nan bread too
                  I always thought Dhansak was a traditionally Parsee dish??

If you want the unleavened bread that most people over India really eat, go for a non-tandoori roti (aka a chapati).

Comment

They're not very nice.. too dry and brittle and tasteless - bread for the poor people. Nah I'll have a nice fruity naan. What's Parsee?
                    www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

And anyway, whatever you have most probably won't be spicy enough by Indian standards (unless you are one of the few who can eat Indian food as we eat it here in India).

Comment

Originally posted by aneeshm
                        And anyway, whatever you have most probably won't be spicy enough by Indian standards (unless you are one of the few who can eat Indian food as we eat it here in India).
                        Huh? I heard recently that you are now importing curry and pakoras from over here now! How the circle turns.

How spicy do you have it then? It's difficult to compare really...
                        www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Originally posted by Spec
                          Well ban my ass and call me Fezzie! Go for a nice spicy Dhansak
                          Was that not used right?

Spec.
                          -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

They're not very nice.. too dry and brittle and tasteless - bread for the poor people.
                            It seems to me you've had some bad experiences with normal rotis. At almost all the places I eat (either at home, or at the place where I eat my meals in Pune), they're not dry, they're just-the-right-bit-but-not-quite crisp (no actual areas of hardness, but still a nice flavour of being well-cooked), very definitely not brittle, soft enough to break or tear without much effort but still firm enough to have a good consistency and to have a nice time masticating. They also have a little bit of ghee (clarified butter) applied to them either when they're made or just after being heated for serving.

They are also very tasty.

They are, again, very definitely not bread for poor people. Almost all households, whether rich or poor, eat them as a staple. Very few (and I mean microscopically few) people eat the sort of stuff you get in restaurants as a staple food.

Nah I'll have a nice fruity naan. What's Parsee?
                            Parsees are the people who migrated to India from Persia, fleeing the religious persecution they faced due to the First Arab Expansion into Persia. They were the people who brought Dhansak, and lots of other tasty Persian food, into India. Of course, the Dhansak they eat today has probably changed beyond recognition due to the availability of new spices in India.

Comment

I've never had curry before. Is there a decent recipe to go by?

Comment

Working...
                              X