Clear All

No wonder you guys lost the cold war...
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
      So you could build a really tall tower - maybe even have it support itself with a counterweight past geosync - and launch the thing from a railgun above the atmosphere!
      It's called a space elevator, it's a really old idea, there's a wikipedia link about it too and I can post it if you like.
      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

If space elevators are outside the reach of current technology I suggest we compromise and build a space escalator.
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Just build the goddamn stairway already...
          You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
            If space elevators are outside the reach of current technology I suggest we compromise and build a space escalator.
            I object to the name space elevator. It should henceforth be known as a space lift. It would be in keeping with the old British space programme; namely consisting of a man, a really tall ladder and a flag.
            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Izzard?
              You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Krill
                Just build the goddamn stairway already...
                When she gets there she knows.....
                "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Working...
                X