My stomach is cramped :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My stomach is cramped :(

So the IDF wants officers to be in shape.

Bah.

This monday I took a simple sports test, during which I really had to make a minimal number of pushups, situps, and a 4KM jog. Of course, being non-combatant and an office dweller I'm in rather bad shape. Not fat. Just out of shape.

And I was really sick this whole autumn. I had mononucleosis and then I had also caught the latest flu virus. So I was quite weak, and very uninterested in making this sports test - having not performed sports for... oh about a year!

But I still went (I had to) and for some reaons, nlike most people - I decided:

a) not to cheat - many report somewhat false scores - nobody 'checks' you, because they know that half the people would fail.

b) not to wuss out - not to go to the doctor and get all sorts of exemptions

c) to really try my best - I could have went for the minimal score. But I decided to try and do my relative best. I didn't "kill myself" over it. But I tried anyways.

Results:

I probably passed the test. Woohoo. I would have passed aynway.

Yesterday my chest and arm muscles hurt like hell. Today my stomach muscles hurt really bad. I'm all curled up when I walk, and I have little appetite.

So what do I earn for giving in to army requirements for being fit?
    A cramp!!!

Anyone knows of a good way to get rid of stomach muscle cramps?
    Last edited by Sirotnikov; January 24, 2007, 17:01.

Good job on doing it without wussying out
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Yeah, well.. it is really is a pathetic minimal requirement.

I'm just sooooo out of shape.

And I'm hurting

Btw, I got promoted to Lieutenant. (from Second Lieutenant). I'll soon be eligible for actual pay, as I'm about to finish my draft enlistment, and will move on to my contracted service.

Comment

How long do you intend to stay in contracted service?
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by Sirotnikov
          Btw, I got promoted to Lieutenant. (from Second Lieutenant). I'll soon be eligible for actual pay, as I'm about to finish my draft enlistment, and will move on to my contracted service.
          Congrats

Did you say draftees don't get paid?!?

Comment

just rest, it will pass

Something similar happened to me, I even called a doctor thinking that I may have gotten injured, but he told me it will be ok in 5 days

Modern life has really pussified our bodies
            I need a foot massage

Comment

Cramps? Are you thinking muscle aches or cramps? Remember, cramps is when muscles sporadically contract without your control. That would be an issue to see a doctor about I think. If it's only pain just relax and post on civ sites. It should pass within a week.

Comment

I have a year and a half in contracted service, with an option (I intend to use) to cut short the last 6 months.

Draftees get paid really funny wages. It depends on your combat level (1 to 3, and some special bonuses). Mine is of course lowest (3).

I get 360 shekels which is about... 80-85 dollars per month...

But hey - at least public transport is free ....
                Actually that is quite nice! Public transport is a b*tch and costs alot too.

VetLedion - it is more aches than cramps - though I did feel a sporadic movement or two.

A week? That is horrible!!

I used some cream which contains Diclofenac Sodium, which is supposedly against muscle and bone ache. It helped yesterday, but not today

Comment

Have a gorgeous, naked young lady plant kisses all over your belly. It won't help the muscle aches but, let's face it, you won't really care.

Comment

Being healed by a woman is ****ing hot!
                    I need a foot massage

Comment

Aye

I'm working on it.... :d

Comment

Hit the gym

Just don't do it in early January
                        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Two excellent pieces of advice:

1. Hit the gym - to prevent cramps in the first place
                          2. Hit pretty girls - to heal cramps if you get them.

Comment

The more you do the former, the better you get at the latter, too
                            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Hitting girls

I was wrong about Israel not adapting to the region's culture

Comment

Working...
                              X