No announcement yet.

Mercenary protesters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I'm going the pay 150 euros to a woman, I'm going to want her to do something other than just say no.

Comment

Good point
      Blah

Comment

How unique is this verses say Bumvertising, other than of course the outlandish Euroweenie wage rate?
        "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

This happens sometimes in the US, in one fashion or another. I've only seen lefties do it here, though.

Personally, I think it's way too expensive.
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

I read the title as

Mercenary Posters
            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
              Personally, I think it's way too expensive.
              Yup, I'm not gonna pay 2-3 days worth of work for someone to protest. I can do it for free just as well.
              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor

It could be excellent for think-tanks backed by the capitalists. They tend to have much more money than manpower. And 300 demonstrators, if located at the right place in the right outfit, can be mediatic enough that it shows how "popular" their ideas are.
                Copy and pasting the image of 300 to make it look like 3 million is easy after that too.
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

This sounds

very similar to being a movie extra. It also appears that movie extras cost less.

So, just tell them you are making a movie about a political protest and pay them the movie extra rate.
                  “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Re: I read the title as

Originally posted by pchang
                    Mercenary Posters
                    LOL ... I could see it now.

DrSpike: "I will post you up to deity for €500, which is the bargain basement rate of 0.05€ per post!"

<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

There are already Mercenary Posters. The Teamsters have had mercenary picketers for decades. Even when another union represented the workers, they'd hire picketers with signs that said "Unfair to Labor". All Statewide California initaives that are put on the ballot by petitioners (not the legislature) , with the possible exception of pot legislation, hire workers. They require over a million signatures to get on the ballot, the infrastructure is just too huge to succeed with volunteers

Comment

Re: I read the title as

Originally posted by pchang
                        Mercenary Posters
                        ****, I'm always late.
                        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
                        X