Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lonestar
    Come to think of it...that sorta thing is common in communist countries too
    They did kinda have to defend themselves from you people. Your side was always the one invading us, not vice versa.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Well, except for all the times when communist states invaded noncommunist ones. Oh, and the times when equally communist states went at it. But the principle is right.
      "Remember, there's good stuff in American culture, too. It's just that by "good stuff" we mean "attacking the French," and Germany's been doing that for ages now, so, well, where does that leave us?" - Elok

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

They did kinda have to defend themselves from you people. Your side was always the one invading us, not vice versa.
        You people? I really wish you would leave this country. If some poor teenager from Mexico can find a way to get into the US, surely to hell you can find a way to get out. No it isn't the American love it or leave it mantra, but you just seem so ****ing miserable here that I wish you would just leave and save us all the damn frustration. You seem like a great guy in all and would probably be great to sit back with a beer or two but it just gets ****ing old hearing your ****. What would be cool is if you would actually go and live in a communist country for awhile and write back and tell us how great it is.

The whole laser and railgun sounds cool and if they can get it to work and intergrated into the military would be great, but I would hope it isn't another lets spend billions upon billions of dollars and it never really works anyway project.
        Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral
          Well, except for all the times when communist states invaded noncommunist ones. Oh, and the times when equally communist states went at it. But the principle is right.
          "All the times" South Korea and South Vietnam are the only two you can point to, and in both of those cases, it was an attempt to liberate occupied territory. North Korea and North Vietnam were both indigenous states set up by the partisans who had fought the Japanese. South Vietnam and South Korea were both set up by the United States. They were imposed by the outside and only propped up by presence of American troops. Both occupier states were opposed by majorities of their populations.

And the Chinese and Soviets never fought a major war. They were mostly border skirmishes.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Straybow
            Kinetic weapons are da shizzle! Pop a cap in da terrorists, yo!
            QFT
            Quendelie axan!

Comment

Re: Northrup opens ray-gun factory

Originally posted by Lonestar
              Set Phaser to "liquidate"
              Actually, that would be Set Phaser to Suck Gigabucks Away From Mundane Equipment the Troops Really Need (Like Body Armor, etc, etc, etc).

Originally posted by loinburger

I work for the military doing research in compiler optimizations, and one of the biggest challenges I face is trying to explain how compilers combat terrorism.

Today's User Friendly

Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
              Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
              One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Che is a tool.

Comment

Tell us what you know about communism, I can't wait.
                  In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

And to gay-run factories

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris
                      Tell us what you know about communism, I can't wait.
                      Che has taught me that communist countries can do no wrong. Or, if forced to admit that they did something wrong, they must not have been true communists.

Comment

I read the thread title as "Reagan factory."

Comment

"All the times" South Korea and South Vietnam are the only two you can point to, and in both of those cases, it was an attempt to liberate occupied territory. North Korea and North Vietnam were both indigenous states set up by the partisans who had fought the Japanese. South Vietnam and South Korea were both set up by the United States. They were imposed by the outside and only propped up by presence of American troops. Both occupier states were opposed by majorities of their populations.
                          Plus that was the whole invasion of Hungary and the Czech republic whenever they got uppity.

And the Chinese and Soviets never fought a major war. They were mostly border skirmishes.
                          Just division-size skirmishes. Not big battles. No Sir.
                          Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

"All the times" South Korea and South Vietnam are the only two you can point to, and in both of those cases, it was an attempt to liberate occupied territory. North Korea and North Vietnam were both indigenous states set up by the partisans who had fought the Japanese. South Vietnam and South Korea were both set up by the United States. They were imposed by the outside and only propped up by presence of American troops.
                            Correct about Vietnam, not about Korea. We wanted to set up a unified Korea, but the Soviets refused and set up their own puppet regime in the North.

In Vietnam, it was clear that Ho Chi Minh was going to be elected, even in a far election. So, the U.S. spread the word that he was anti-Catholic. When the Catholics fled south, we set up a separate govenment there, headed by a Catholic (even tho the population was 90% Buddhist).

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                              Che has taught me that communist countries can do no wrong.
                              I don't think he has ever said that. The affirmation in this thread was that of the two superpowers of the 20th century, America was the more aggressive and imperialistic. Which is confirmed by a close reading of history.

Or, if forced to admit that they did something wrong, they must not have been true communists.
                              This is a common argument. Hardly any modern Christian would argue that the Inquisition is really what Christ meant people to pursue.

Comment

I don't think he has ever said that.

Never explicitly. It's just the common thread in every single one of his arguments.

Honestly, he said it's okay for communists to have military-industrial complexes to protect themselves from teh eevil West, whereas it's inexcusable for the West to have such things. it's absurd.

This is a common argument. Hardly any modern Christian would argue that the Inquisition is really what Christ meant people to pursue.

Do you see me giving Christianity much slack?

Comment

Working...
                                X