Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There are 6 types of people.

Do'ers, Be'ers and Thinkers.

You can either be 1 of any, 2 of any, or all 3. Which = 6 types of people.

Obviously, all of us are all 3 of them, but I am talking about what defines us at the extreme level. I know of people who are not thinkers, they hate to think about stuff, and they don't seem to BE anything, however, whatever it is that they DO, they are usually very good at it.

If you're a strong do'er AND thinker, then I would imagine you could accomplish a lot in what you are doing, for example, Marco Polo or Columbus would both be do'ers and thinkers.

A do'er and a be'er, would be someone who may be very good at extreme sports.

A be'er and a thinker would be someone like Socrates or Shakespeare.

Someone who is all 3 might be someone like Einstien, Newton, Bruce Lee.

Of course, there are various levels of strength in each one for each person. For example, Bruce Lee would have a higher strength in doing than Einstein, and Einstein would have a higher strength in thinking than Bruce Lee, but again, at the extreme level, both Einstein and Bruce Lee would both qualify as having extreme strengths in all 3.

As for myself, I give myself a mid level strength of thinking and being and a low level strength in doing. So I would be classified as a thinker and be'er.

What I would like is a graph that can show all of this. I believe this graph would have to show: be'er, do'er, thinker, a level of strength and maybe even a time-line, since it is time that increases/decreases strengths.
    be free

Re: There are 6 types of people.

Originally posted by Sn00py
    Do'ers, Be'ers and Thinkers.

You can either be 1 of any, 2 of any, or all 3. Which = 6 types of people.
    You are incorrect.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I'm just awesome.
      "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Re: Re: There are 6 types of people.

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
        You are incorrect.
        "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Einstien, Newton, Bruce Lee.
          An interesting grouping...perhaps we should play 'odd one out' with that selection...
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

KH has a point
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Re: Re: Re: There are 6 types of people.

Originally posted by Eli

Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again.
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

What about people who have none of those traits? I am sure they constitute the vast majority of this planet
                Speaking of Erith:

Comment

beer
                  ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

There are 6 types of people: those who can count and those who can't.
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I am ruling Snoopy out of the third category
                      Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Ba-dum-tish

I'll be here all week, ladies and gentlemen. Thank you. Thank you.
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Shouldn't you be in bed by now or something, or are you up extremely early?
                          Speaking of Erith:

Comment

me, myself and I

does that make me count as eighteen ?
                            anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Up late. I was tired Friday evening so I took a 4 hour nap from 5 to 9

Now I can't sleep. Plus my wife's snoring beside me...
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                              X