Murder rates, Latin America and the USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murder rates, Latin America and the USA

Dis made a thread about wanting to visit dangerous places where he might get killed, it inspired me to search info on this.

Murder Rates per 100.000 inhabitants

54,70 El Salvador
    48 Venezuela
    39,33 Colombia
    33,69 Jamaica
    33,63 Brazil
    25,47 Guatemala
    18,33 Ecuador
    15,92 Bahamas
    13,04 Mexico
    12,05 Paraguay
    10,30 Surinam
    09,56 Panama
    07,49 Barbados
    06,23 Costa Rica
    05,90 USA
    05,64 Uruguay
    05,54 Peru
    05,48 Argentina
    02,82 Bolivia
    02,74 Dominica
    01,95 Canada
    01,71 Chile
    01,56 Bermuda
    By the way, Bolivia is very safe, in spite of being very poor, this shows culture has a lot to do with violence, it is not just poverty creates violence.

Some cities, murders per 100.000 inhabitants

Caracas over 100
    Cali 67
    Medellin 56
    Rio de Janeiro 48,3
    Detroit 39,3
    Washington 35,4
    Sao Paulo 30,8
    Bogota 24
    Lima 22
    Houston 16,3
    Quito 16
    Chicago 15,6
    Los Angeles 12,6
    Miami 9,1
    New York 6,6
    Mexico city 5,4
    Buenos Aires 4,57
    Monterrey 2,8
    Santiago 1,4

I couldnt find for Ciudad Juarez, they kill a lot of women there, I found sites with different murder rates for Colombia and Venezuela, the murder rates there are so high that it is difficult to know what is true.

It seems that murders have tripled in Caracas, and ONU spoke of a murder rate of around 48 for the country
    I need a foot massage

Wow, Caracas sucks.
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Dallas murder rate is down. On a related note, we've executed 2 of 5 scheduled for January.

Assault is also down. You never know who has a concealed weapon permit, so it's not a bright idea to bother people.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
        Dallas murder rate is down. On a related note, we've executed 2 of 5 scheduled for January.

Assault is also down. You never know who has a concealed weapon permit, so it's not a bright idea to bother people.
        I wonder why it's not working for Houston.

Comment

I don't know. Don't get me started about Houston.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

And I just applied for a job in Sao Paulo today, at the internal job market in my company
            So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
            Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Originally posted by Chemical Ollie
              And I just applied for a job in Sao Paulo today, at the internal job market in my company
              No worries. IIRC In absolute terms you'll still be more likely to get killed simply trying to drive near a major city than get murdered or even know somebody who gets murdered. 30 per hundred thousand a year isn't likely to impact you personally.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand

Let me channel Candice Bergen in Miss Congeniality:

This is Teaxs. Everyone has a gun. Hell, even my hairdresser carries a gun.

Comment

Everyone having a gun has nothing to do with the murder rate falling. More hand guns available means a greater likelihood of someone being able to use one when they get pissed.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Working...
                  X