Honest Answers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honest Answers

Someone on this board seems to....disapprove of my latest troll, and has asked that I express my true opinions. For a limited time only, I will do so

Should this thread descend into trollery, I will end this experiment.

On Estonia: I don't really care about their removal of a statue. Moving the soldiers buried beneath it is kind of insulting, and somewhat inappropriate, and I don't see it as entirely unreasonable for Russians to take issue with it. At the same time, one can see why Estonia would choose to do such a thing.
    Russia's behaviour may appear to be somewhat silly, but it's probably just another attempt at increasing domestic popularity and power. Ideally, Russia would simply ignore Estonia: If Estonians want to cling to the past, let them.

On Soviet occupation of the baltics: The Baltics are not Russian territory, and the Soviet invasion of the Baltic states was illegal and directly contravened the stated ideals of the Soviet Union. The people of these nations should be allowed to exercise sovereignty over themselves, and any association between the Baltic states and Russia should be based on free association, not coercion.
    Russia should recognise tihs.

On the rights of Russians in the Baltic Republics: The rights of Russians in this area should be respected, and I condemn attempts by some Baltic politicians to form a communit of exclusion around them, for instance, by making language a divisive issue.

On the present Russian government: The atmosphere of notdemocracy that is being created by Putin is worrying, as is Russia's slide into fascism. Russia has the capability of serving as a friend to the people of the region, but it is instead choosing to embrace ultranationalism and and belligerence, which I condemn.

On Russian nationalism: Russia has a lot to be proud of, for the contributions of Russians to the world in such areas as art or science should not be underestimated. Still, using "nationalism" to simply ignore (or even endorse) the more negative aspects of Russia's past and present is irresponsible, and ultimately it would be best to move past nationalism altogether.

On Russia's energy and foreign policy: Gazprom is fully within its rights to control its own commodity. Surrounding states are fully within their rights to deny Gazprom transit through their territory. It is wholly unreasonable to expect Russia to subsidize gas for nonfriendly regiemes.
    That being said, I would like to see Russia maintain a more open and friendly energy policy with its neighbours.

On the Georgia situation: This is silly. Russia should treat the Georgian people with respect and dignity, and should work with Georgia to benefit both countries.

On the Georgia situation, p2: The Georgian majority should not be allowed to oppress minorities in the state, and if various parts of Georgia wish their own self-determination, then internationally monitored elections should be held in the areas to determine their status.

On Ukraine: The "Orange Revolution" has been a failure. While Russian interference in the Ukrainian political process is not desired, neither is Western interference in order to bring about electoral results it desires.

On Finland: Both Finnish "cobelligerence" with the Nazi regieme and Russian attempts at dominating Finland should be condemned.

Anything else?
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

What's your real opinion on furries?
    Blah

Comment

On BeBro:
      Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
      Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Wow, a reasonable person is revealed behind the troll.

How boring

Just kidding. I prefer the reasonable Tass.

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

He's lying.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Serb
              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Next thing you know, he'll be saying he's dead and it's his ghost posting.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Fake Tassi

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Wow

Actually this thread is a great idea for many people here.

Perhaps we could get more people to participate?

Comment

No way, Jose.

Comment

I'd glady correct people's misconceptions about my beliefs, but I don't think anyone here has any conceptions about my beliefs in the first place.
                        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

If it's about honest answers, all people please post your DL's
                          Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
                            I'd glady correct people's misconceptions about my beliefs, but I don't think anyone here has any conceptions about my beliefs in the first place.
                            Who are you, anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                              Next thing you know, he'll be saying he's dead and it's his ghost posting.
                              Whatever happened to Faded Glory btw? He isn't dead again is he?
                              I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Working...
                              X