French terrorists and American idiots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• French terrorists and American idiots

Why is Europe and the US have a wider gap between them than before 9/11? To put it short, it's not just the administration, that surely is composed of 0 talent in keeping up relations, but it also has to do with the French terrorists and also the 'activist' part of French, which seems to live in its own world of weirdness.

Dubya started the rhetorics, that upset many nations, and that is you are either with us or against us. Now, if you don't know why there's a problem, that's when it started. By enforcing new discourse, not chosen by any of us in Europe, is making a new world, where we are not heard. That combined with complaints that you aren't even our allies anymore, and in fact traitors, is pretty much seen as a mindless lynch mob on a rampage, that is guaranteed to destroy our interests in regions, and that's just an added bonus.

So, that started a lot of heat, but it is never one party mess. It took France to truly **** it up for everyone. Not only did Chirac cream his pants by this new opportunity to claim French cultural superiority, we should also remember who the bully in EU is. That's right, Chirac's France. It's not like that diplomacy and team work has played very well, and it has become obvious to many, that it seeks its own interest only, even if it means by the disadvantage of the rest. It merely sees the rest of the EU as it's backyard, where she leads. An extension of France. The old colonialist mindset never ceased, run by arrogance, blaming everyone else for the very same trait.

The French in particular seem to have difficulties at making a difference between OBL and Dubya. Sure, I understand arguments where Dubya can do more harm, just because he has more firepower. However, to not see any difference between the two is not only confusing, but completely and utterly insane. If you seriously argue, that yes, Dubya is more dangerous and a menace, then you are most likely French and an idiot, you have difficulties using shower and speaking any other language than your native one.

There is a big difference between not sharing the same opinion, and actively being against it and doing all you can to damage the relations. The irony part kicks in when you read about the colonialist and imperialist mindset, notice the bully mentality today, and match that with the current arguments of others being arrogant. At least some of us try to speak your language.

The French have always been a problem in the world, with Napoleon they at least gave a fight. These days it's a lot of huffing and puffing and nothing else. I think this is one of the reasons why it is angry at itself, remnants of imperialism and afraid to let it go.

France is definitely part of the problem, in transatlantic relations, in EU and in world affairs. To summarise it, if France would nuke itself to oblivion, the world woudl be a better place, and the West would be stronger.

When Dubya insulted a lot of nations by saying you are with us or against us, the admin went further to talk about new and old Europe (which by the way is one of the biggest insults given to Europe in the last decade by anyone), at least it can be said, that the current admin is not well spoken. It says things that it later on starts to regret. France doesn't have the same excuses. With French, there isnt' with us or against us. It's only us, and the rest of you little people. And they don't regret anything the say, why should they, after all they must be right even when they are wrong and if they are wrong, who cares, little people are ****.

Britain should do some war with France and take over. Or if they are too busy, maybe Belgium could fit it in their schedule. I reckon it'll take about 2 weeks.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

French terrorists? WTF Pekka?
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

oh yeah, forgot the terrorist part. France is the terrorist hotspot for Europe as well. It is the hub for terrorists in all of West.

This is not an actual complaint though. I meant to put French _activists_ not terrorists. SO the topic is kind of wrong.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
        oh yeah, forgot the terrorist part. France is the terrorist hotspot for Europe as well. It is the hub for terrorists in all of West.

This is not an actual complaint though. I meant to put French _activists_ not terrorists. SO the topic is kind of wrong.
        Thanks for these precisions. I though effectively that there were some errors in your post.
        Statistical anomaly.
        The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Not really, it was a mistake. Call it a Freudian slip
          In da butt.

Comment

Ah, a Freudian slip ...

I always have been under the impression that your detestation of the French had a freudian origin. You are likely to have something french in your ancestry which makes you not a pure Finnish. Dont worry about it, it is not a problem for me; I can even call you "my far cousin".
            Statistical anomaly.

Comment

The issue is that, going to war in iraq was wrong, even most people who supported going to iraq 3 years ago, now admit it was wrong, because Saddam was not a threat, had no weapons of mass destruction, and he was probably better than what we may get in iraq now due to the american invasion, an iranian friendly shii islamist party.

France saw that it was all going to turn out very bad, and because France did not support the USA in that, Bush started the new europe, old europe offensive rethoric
              I need a foot massage

Comment

BP, right, and that's why I sad I see Dubya starting it, by the rhetorics that weren't appreciated, not only by French but most European nations.

At the same time, I see this thing having something to do with rhetorics coming from this side of the pond as well though.

DAVOUT, might be, this doesn't bother me in the least. I don't 'detest' France, even when it might sound like that. But I do detest Chirac and the likes of him.
                In da butt.

Comment

You do know that the world would be a better place if the US or China nuked itself too.
                  I'm not buying BtS until Firaxis impliments the "contiguous cultural border negates colony tax" concept.

Comment

I disagree. I like China and the US. China is vibrant, exciting and the future. It's about time they get a chance to taste the good life and I hope the middle class includes as many Chinese people as possible. They've been kept in the dark for too long the the CPC. So now, when they aren't communist anymore, except the title, I think it'll be exciting, it'll also relieve a lot of tensions in the region, as the interest of the PRC becomes more and more globalized, rather than holding on to old bastions of what ever old era crap.

I really think they'll become a good center for new innovation in few decades, taking science further. Hell, they already blow up satellites! I really don't think China is a threat to the West in the least bit. They're not hostile by nature, looking to destroy us. They like the same things as we do, they are way more stable than a lot of countries we have problems with. China

The US is also a good place, I don't think we should be getting too hostile because of the rhetorics of one admin. We know, that the majority of Americans do not want to start beefing with the Europe, and we don't want that either. West must remain strong. EU is a freaking giant consumer market these days and growing. So the US will definitely miss a lot of action if they don't want to cooperate, and then again, the US is a huge market for Euros as well, plus let's not forget the fact, that if we get into real trouble, they'll be there for us. This is guaranteed.

I can see a situation, where semi-trouble comes for the US, and Euros symphatize but no real big effort is done. Sure, through NATO help will come, but that's that. In a real struggle, facing wipe out, I see Euros coming together and helping the US by all means necessary. But the difference is, I see US helping Europe easier in terms of military. I think we only need to ask. ****, they'll prolly think it of as a favour we are asking, or like something allies do as per usual.

It'll take a helluva scenario where the US isn't coming with full force to help us. So, in that sense, we might disagree with some politicians or not, but anyone who thinks we should start widening the gap, because of superficial PMSing over some rhetorics of a politician, I mean that's just _stupid_.

West is important to all parties included. So, it must remain as one in bigger scheme of things. But we can do without France.
                    In da butt.

Comment

Finnish geostrategists are really good : they can do everything without France (except building nuclear plants).
                      Statistical anomaly.

Comment

It's not that we don't need France, it's just that we prefer a world without one .

Surely France has contributed a lot to the world in good things as well, more than Finland has. The difference is, if we were wiped out, it would make no difference. If France was wiped out, the world would be a little better place
                        In da butt.

Comment

sarkozy
                          royal
                          Chirac

Pierre L'enfant

Charles de gaulle

Marcel Duchamps
                          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Re: French terrorists and American idiots

Originally posted by Brachy-Pride
                            The issue is that, going to war in iraq was wrong, even most people who supported going to iraq 3 years ago, now admit it was wrong, because Saddam was not a threat, had no weapons of mass destruction, and he was probably better than what we may get in iraq now due to the american invasion, an iranian friendly shii islamist party.

France saw that it was all going to turn out very bad, and because France did not support the USA in that, Bush started the new europe, old europe offensive rethoric
                            Saddam wasn't "probably" better, he definately was better. That is, if you'll look at the results while ignoring all that propaganda bull****. Iraq was relatively calm after USA betrayed Saddam. Yes, Saddam was a ruthless murderer - like many other rulers (he just knew too much about his former US allies and their support and so he was eliminated, unlike most other murderers). So what? For example, let's put all civilian casulaties in Iraq on Bush shoulders and guess who has more blood on his hands?

And the fun is just starting, guess what will happen in Iraq and nearby regions after USA will run away from Iraq? After that, Saddam will look like a saint in comparision. That is, it will look so for many who live in Iraq. I can bet that even now most people in Iraq think that Saddam wasn't that bad compared to USA and their puppets.
                            Last edited by Ellestar; January 19, 2007, 15:14.
                            Knowledge is Power

Comment

To be fair Dubyas infamous and stupid rhetoric of you're either with us or against us was a deliberate calculated move to get Pakistan into the fold.

The fact that it was more widely read as a message to our allies as a veiled threat was an agregious mistake on Bush's part, unintended yet still agregious.

The new old Europe thing was patent stupidity on Rummy's part.
                              "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Working...
                              X