No announcement yet.

Colbert meets Papa Bear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I really need to explain why D'Souza is a far more influential and respected thinker on the right than Ward Churchill is on the left?
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• It may be an imperfect comparison, but it's a hell of a lot closer to the mark than the Chomsky-D'Souza comparison.
      "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
      -Bokonon

Comment

• Neither comparison is worth a ****.
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• I suppose I'm curious why you think he deserves more respect than Churchill.
          "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
          -Bokonon

Comment

• I'm not commenting on whether he deserves it or not. I'm just saying that his background and current position are more prestigious and influential than anything on Churchill's resume.
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• According to Wiki, D'Souza doesn't have a graduate degree while Churchill does have a masters. And Churchill got a faculty position in academia, where peer review is important, while D'Souza works at a think tank (even if it's affiliated with a decent school). Then Churchill gets knocked for plagiarism. Neither resume impresses.

But I don't really give a **** about their resumes. Both are still total asshats who don't deserve any influence. Based on what they've written.
              -Bokonon

Comment

• I was thinking more of D'Souza's time as Reagan's senior policy analyst and as editor of Policy Review. Certainly has more cachet than being a professor at CU...
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                X