Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sometimes I manage to be stupid

Rarely, but it happens.

Since my status from student to employed student is changing soon, as I'll sign my agreement, I get a small salary from my efforts. Not much, but still, considerable change to my current situation, that is chronically broke.

So.. I thought, since I'll have some capital soon, I can do things, and the first thing I did was joined this gym as a member. I got a lot of experience from different gyms so I know what I like. Man, was I fooled this time.

I went to this place I've never been before, since for the last two years I've done on and very off type of training, so I thought now I'll have a chance to make it regular 3 to 4 times a week thing again. So the last place I have been in was so crappy, that I can't believe it. It was CHEAP though. Couldn't afford anything else.

So a little bling bling in my eyes I thought I'll get that membership to a _nice_ place, even if it costs me some. Well it did. Let's just say I paid very competitive price from the gym point of view, because they had pretty good campagn, that is, their marketing ****s where doing their job. By the way, people in marketing.. you should kill yourselves, you are the scum of the world.

OK so I was introduced to the place and I was fairly impressed. It looked good. Very Hollywood like. It's a bad sign, but I thought since we aren't in Hollywood, it doens't necessarily mean a thing.

So.. finally, I went there and started my thing. Damn was I disappointed. Filled with executive type *******s, none of who came to train, or at least seriously. No girls without makeup. Their 'working out clothes' must cost the same as a really nice suit. They look like idiots in them, they don't even train that well, it's a place for people to show up basically. It's extremely elitist. No wonder if was expensive as hell.

GOod thing I paid for the whole year instead of 3 months.. or 6 months. NIce to spend that money, almost worth of a laptop, just to go to a place, where I think you aren't allowed to sweat. No one was making any sound either. I like to make sound when I work out. I work out hard sometimes, it means I'll huff and puff. I don't go to gyms to show my face. I go there to work out.

You even need your own towel, to put on all equipment before you sit there or use anything. Yeah, hygiene is important for sure but jeesh...! It was also pretty obvious that there was no one else who takes training seriously, no fitness, bodybuilding or weightlifting people. Just cute little things, shaking their ass.

What a bad decision I made, I regret it. But I WILL use the 12 months, and if they start arguing if I'll give few grunting sounds, we're going to have to fight, screw the gym etiquette, these people don't know it, they came there to not sweat, more like listen to their iPods. And then I'll sue them for grabbing my gear.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

sounds like a great gym. lots of hotties around for eye candy.

Make as much noise as you want, just wipe up the sweat with YOUR towel..
    GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

As Rasputin says, just huff and puff all of your hearts desire and enjouy the sighting

Maybe one of those chicks wan't a real huffing and puffing man instead of the usual
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Hotties aren't a bad thing, but I'd prefer them fitness chicks, who really come there to train and they just happen to look good because they do that.

Of course, you know, I really don't mind beginners, really out of shape people etc in a gym, I mean they are the people who are supposed to be there the most. But.. it's all about the atmosphere and the attitude. Their floor is some kind of fine wood, plus there's all kinds of lights in the showers and all kinds of .. I don't even know what half of the things there are supposed to be outside the weights and equipment.

They tried to make it look like a paradise.. I mean it does look great, that's where I made my fatal mistake. Teh atmosphere is crap. Sure the staff is nice, but everyone in there seems to just come and play around you know. There's no motivation. I like the gyms that resembles like.. biker bars, just mean looking mofos all around. Because you know there's some serious training going on.

Plus you can ask for a tip on things, in this new gym, you can't do that. I bet you aren't allowed to even talk. You might disturb someone running on the running machine.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

That's the point, I'll stick out like a sore thumb with my style, which is natural style, as in.. let's do this thing, let's train, and let's not worry how it looks, because it's not important at all.

But at least last time I went in, no one was there that was doing it the same way. It was more like everyone checking out everyone else and being some kind of stupid rich jackass. And I'd take it if they were rich jackasses training good, wanting to look good, to feel good.. but noooooo..

I'm saying, my huffing and puffing will prolly result into a warning or something. And I don't do it LOUDLY, as in screaming and shouting. Just normally.
          In da butt.

Comment

wel lyou paid your money so unless it writen in contract no huffing or puffing do it to your hearts content

Comment

And the real problem is, of course, that I paid some serious money there. Serious money man, I bet that would give me a good membership in above average LA (Los Angeles) gyms as well.
              In da butt.

Comment

well you could afford it s you paid it. hopwfuly you didnt go into debt for it

Comment

Pekka DeLuxe Gym

bleh

Comment

but.....

wtf Pekka?!(it's mandatory)
                    http://polyot.wiki-site.com/index.php/Pekka

Wake Up!!! You were searching for an hollywood gym! Now you got it. It's Superficial, insipid....

Now stop this madness, don't go to your fancy pansy Hollywood club and go to the biker gym; and kick some Ass!!!
                    bleh

Comment

Rasputin, no debt, of course, but too much, considering the atmosphere Then again.. it's one of those things you can get used to I guess, and even learn to enjoy. It does look nice. It's really luxurious, so I'll be able to pamper myself.

Hey, maybe I'll meet some rich, slutty girl, who absolutely wants to finance me or something.

cronos,
                      In da butt.

Comment

cronos, that wikipage is screwed up.

It only has two facts. Some of them are even the exact opposite of the truth. Goebbels would be proud of your efforts!
                        In da butt.

Comment

History:
                          * (cur) (last) 16:38, 11 January 2007 83.221.149.66
                          * (cur) (last) 13:41, 11 January 2007 Spec
                          * (cur) (last) 13:40, 11 January 2007 Spec
                          * (cur) (last) 06:36, 11 January 2007 82.109.202.117
                          * (cur) (last) 06:33, 11 January 2007 Aneeshm

Spec, Aneeshm and maybe LordShiva have something to do in this screwed wikipage!
                          bleh

Comment

Probably hotties scoping out for guys. If you huff and puff right, you could get a lay.

JM
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

How about the important questoin, Pekka. What is the Sauna like?

JM
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN
                              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                              X