U.N. chief wants Guantanamo prison shut down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.N. chief wants Guantanamo prison shut down

For the first thing, camps are being built in the states.
    For the second thing:

Embrasser mon âne.
    Поцелуйте мою задницу.
    Bese mi asno.
    Küssen Sie meinen Esel.
    Baciare il mio asino.
    Kiss my ass.

1 hour, 20 minutes ago

UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) - New U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon believes the U.S. prison at Cuba's Guantanamo Bay should be shut down, he said on Thursday.

"Like my predecessor, I believe that the prison at Guantanamo should be closed," Ban told a news conference. U.N. Secretary-General
    Kofi Annan, who stepped down on December 31, had also called for the facility to be closed.

President Bush has himself said he would like to close the facility, Ban reminded journalists. But the U.S. leader has yet to do so.

Thursday marked the fifth anniversary of the camp's opening.

The first detainees were flown to the heavily guarded camp five years ago, soon after the U.S.-led war on
    Afghanistan was launched in response to the September 11 attacks.

More than 770 captives have been held there since then, of whom only 10 have been charged with crimes.

Rights groups around the world have planned vigils -- in countries including Australia,
    Israel, Italy, the United States, Japan, Paraguay, Spain, Tunisia and Britain -- to mark the anniversary and urge the prison's closure.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Charge them and try them or release them. At some point, you have to **** or get off the pot.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Don't have to do anything.
      U.N. has shown that to be true.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Embrasser mon âne.

Repeat after me: babelfish translations do not always import the meaning you think.

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

"Küssen Sie meinen Esel."

Blah

Comment

"Kiss my Ass"

Why doesn't the Ass get a say?

Comment

By the way, I love how what the UN says is completely worthless bullsh*t, except for when the US (and Sloww) decide it isn't - like the (selective) UN Resolutions that so desperately needed to be enforced.

Comment

Another brilliant appearance by Sloww.
                In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                  Charge them and try them or release them. At some point, you have to **** or get off the pot.

-Arrian
                  That would be the honorable way. Of course Bush won't do it.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Anybody in their right mind would want it closed.

Only war loving scum would enjoy its existence.

Comment

I wouldn't go that far. There is a chance to reform it though I have no faith that an administration which has spent so much time pissing on the Constitution & the rule of law would ever do so.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

One of the key differences between the War on Terror and Vietnam is that we are much more clearly in the wrong in the War on Terror. I mean as a government, not as some some grunts in the field.

JM
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                        X