Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Physicists

I moved offices a month ago or so.

In my new office there's a whiteboard which I haven't used, but which still has some of the previous occupant's work on it.

Over most of the board they've correctly worked through a couple of loop-level Feynman diagrams (a fairly complicated task). As the last step they've attempted to sum the contributions from different processes and get an approximation of the total. This step is written as:

------
    1325 (answer is circled)

Classic physics.

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

I don't see the problem.
    In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

That might be because you're a filosofiser.
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

You're so predictible, sweetie.
        In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

I aim to please.
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Attempts dont always succeed; if they did they would be solutions.
            Statistical anomaly.
            The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Re: Physicists

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
              I moved offices a month ago or so.

In my new office there's a whiteboard which I haven't used, but which still has some of the previous occupant's work on it.

Over most of the board they've correctly worked through a couple of loop-level Feynman diagrams (a fairly complicated task). As the last step they've attempted to sum the contributions from different processes and get an approximation of the total. This step is written as:

------
              1325 (answer is circled)

Classic physics.

If they'd got it right they'd been engineers.
              Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Engineers wouldn't have been able to do the first part right, though.
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

True.

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                  The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Better than my Chemistry Tutors board though. He writes at a slant and I can't read his writing
                    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                      Engineers wouldn't have been able to do the first part right, though.
                      Isn't that already solved? Why can't they just plug in numbers to get the answer?
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Reminds me. I once had to explain to one of my chemistry teachers that 3 != 4.

Comment

This is why Europeans can't design airplanes.
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

@ OP

Comment

That is pretty funny.

I guess when you learn all that really complex stuff there isn't room left for the basic arithmetic.

-Arrian
                              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
                              X