If you could get off scot free....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you could get off scot free....

...would you commit crimes? Absolute power and all that. Or a similar question, are you an untouchable to use a US prohibition term, or do you have your price? And of course, would you pay your taxes, from whence the thread title borrows its name.

Answers on a postcard please.....
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Nope

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Apart from doing things that shouldn't be crimes anyway (like, serving booze to adults who aren't yet 21), nope.
      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Yes. My morality is different to the law.
        www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

Who would pay taxes if they didn't have to?
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Well, Drake, that kinda shoots down the whole governmental financing plan of the Libertarians, doesn't it?

Comment

Nope. If I really did have absolute power, the law would conform to me in cases where there is currently a discrepancy...

If I just wouldn't have to deal with any legal consequences, I wouldn't behave any differently. I already live my life according to my own personal set of ethics and morals, rather than legal restrictions.

Comment

It shows.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

If I had no legal consequences to any action, I would probably act with minimal differences to how I do now. I believe that laws do not define ethics or morals, and I live according to my morals - however, fortunately for me, most legal restrictions do not contradict my morals. Ain't I lucky!
                    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I'd probably rob banks and take what I want from stores. I wouldn't physically harm anyone though.

And no, I wouldn't pay my taxes if I could get away with it.
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I know I'll get argument, but laws are based off morals.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                          I know I'll get argument, but laws are based off morals.
                          Laws should be based off morals. As for it being so, I disagree. First, whose morals? Those of the ministers who make the laws, or whose? Second, many laws are geared towards the well-being and integrity of state. Like tax laws. Or take the law that it's a criminal activity to threaten the President / Prime Minister / King / whathaveyou. It's a law about state security, it's a law that should exist, but is it really based on morals, taking threats to the ruling person differently than threats towards an ordinary citizen?
                          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Not in general, no.

Comment

Depends what the laws are.. in general though, I guess not.. I really have no urge to do things that are currently forbidden by the law.

I might drive very very fast if I'd be in a big wide road and no one was there though.. But I guess that's pretty much about it.
                              In da butt.
                              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Working...
                              X