Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Theme Music?

MOVIES ONLY!

Ok.. I figure Star Wars is going to be mentioned a thousand times, since we have armies of sweaty nerds here.

My favourite is from the snowman, Walking in the Air.

Yours?
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Requiem for a Dream
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Beverly Hills Cop, James Bond, teh GLADIAT0R!!!
      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Re: Best Theme Music?

Originally posted by Pekka
        MOVIES ONLY!

Ok.. I figure Star Wars is going to be mentioned a thousand times, since we have armies of sweaty nerds here.

My favourite is from the snowman, Walking in the Air.

Yours?
        Indiana Jones

Star Wars is okay. But I like the bad guys them. Imperial Death March

I'm not sure if this is exactly theme music, but it's part of the soundtrack in the graveyard scene. My fav of them all. The Good, The bad, and the ugly.

Comment

The Rohan theme from LotR, Indiana Jones, SW, Bond...

-Arrian
          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Goldfinger
            Pink Panther
            The Lone Ranger (yes, there was a movie version)
            Those Magnificient Men in Their Flying Machines
            Captain Blood
            Viva Las Vegas
            Jaws
            The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
            Last edited by Zkribbler; January 10, 2007, 16:15.

Comment

Bourne Identity, Bourne Supremacy
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Damn... they got some pretty decent themes, don't they?
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

I like the Pirates of the Carribean music.

Speaking of which, since somebody mentioned Gladiator, I was watching Gladiator recently and there is a portion of music in Gladiator that is *exactly* like the main Pirates music. It only lasts for maybe 10-15 seconds, but it's absolutely there. IIRC, it's during the battle in the colosseum: the barbarians of Carthage (gladiators armed much like legionaries and led by a legionary) vs the legions of rome (black women in chariots ).

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian

Speaking of which, since somebody mentioned Gladiator, I was watching Gladiator recently and there is a portion of music in Gladiator that is *exactly* like the main Pirates music. It only lasts for maybe 10-15 seconds, but it's absolutely there. IIRC, it's during the battle in the colosseum: the barbarians of Carthage (gladiators armed much like legionaries and led by a legionary) vs the legions of rome (black women in chariots ).

-Arrian
                    Yeah, I complained about that in the Gladiator thread. The PC explanation is that Hans Zimmer did Pirates, too. The real explanation is that Pirates ripped off Gladiator
                    Last edited by LordShiva; January 10, 2007, 16:26.
                    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

Backdraft's definitely #1, aside from that I'd say Gladiator, Batman Begins, The Naked Gun, Kingdom of Heaven (even if the movie itself was only half-ass decent), Patton, The Great Escape, Back to the Future, Rambo, Last Samurai, Team America: World Police, Bond, Requiem For A Dream, Hang 'em High, Terminator, Mission Impossible, Raising Arizona, The Godfather Trilogy
                      Last edited by Darius871; January 10, 2007, 16:28.
                      Unbelievable!

Comment

Hey, Police Academy has a pretty nice theme also.
                        In da butt.

Comment

I did like some of the music in Batman Begins.

-Arrian

Comment

Originally posted by Darius871
                            Kingdom of Heaven (even if the movie itself was only half-ass decent)
                            You need to watch the Director's Cut. It includes scenese, removed from the theatre version, that really pull the movie together.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian

That's probably because Hans Zimmer composed the scores for both films; naturally there's going to be a few redundancies.

It's funny you should mention this because I've noticed that one emphasized 10-second segment of the Backdraft score was exactly identical to one of the main themes in Gladiator. The guy's composed for over 130 movies (including 2 of my other picks, Batman Begins and Last Samurai), so I'm sure there's other examples.

Edit: after looking at Zimmer's list I can't believe I left out Blackhawk down and Crimson Tide. Both powerful scores.

Originally posted by LordShiva
                              You need to watch the Director's Cut. It includes scenese, removed from the theatre version, that really pull the movie together.
                              Thanks, I'll throw it on my queue.
                              Unbelievable!

Comment

Working...
                              X