Huzzah!
    41.67%
    Hurrah!
    37.50%
    Banana!
    20.83%
    Blah

w00t
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Ura! [/tass]

Clearly, "Huzzah!" is superior, because Igor uses it.
      Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Do you use similar stuff in your countries? We have "Hurra" and "Hossa"
        Blah

Comment

Huzzah, but that's because it sounds sorta antiquated... and thus cool.

Hurrah - meh.

Hurray (or Hooray) - this is the one I was used to growing up.

-Arrian
          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I once used Huzzah on Apolyton, and the conversation was temporarily threadjacked as people discussed how weird it was that I had done that. I haven't used it since.
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I decided recently to use it more often.
              Blah

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
                I decided recently to use it more often.
                Huzzah!
                THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

I think it was the first Pirates of the Carribean movie (or maybe Master & Commander) that reminded me of its existence. I've been using it ever since, both IRL and here on 'poly.

-Arrian
                  grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Hurrah if I want to express mild pleasure in a success. Huzzah if Im going to stab someone with a bayonet
                    Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Hurrah seems much more natural to me.
                      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Hooray!

Comment

Arrian: It's in both. In Pirates, they cheer after taking the undead ship. In Master and Commander, they cheer after Jack makes his speech before the final attack on the Acheron.

"And though we be on the far side of the world, this ship is our home. This ship is England. So it's every hand to his rope or gun, quick's the word and sharp's the action. After all, surprise is on our side."

Huzzah!
                          Master and Commander
                          mssv.net - After Our Time - Six to Start

Comment

I think part of huzzah's superiority comes from the fact that you can really belt it out, courtesy of the hard Zs in it. Hooray just sounds lame.
                            mssv.net - After Our Time - Six to Start

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Hon
                              Arrian: It's in both. In Pirates, they cheer after taking the undead ship. In Master and Commander, they cheer after Jack makes his speech before the final attack on the Acheron.

"And though we be on the far side of the world, this ship is our home. This ship is England. So it's every hand to his rope or gun, quick's the word and sharp's the action. After all, surprise is on our side."

Huzzah!
                              Master and Commander
                              Master and Commander

Comment

Working...
                              X