China phenomenon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China phenomenon

In here, we talk about China phenomenon.. that's been the 'slogan' for years now to describe the rapid growth of the large country.

With globalization, there's been lots of complaints about losing jobs to China, especially manufacturing jobs. So that means, that lots of people who are not highly educated will be replaced by Chinese workers, and it causes lots of anger in respective areas.

But what some people don't understand is the necessity of survival, if you want to be in the business, in the markets, you want to keep your shares of the market, it's not all about cutting costs and hiring cheaper Chinese counterparts. It's also about competing your actual competition, AND even most importantly, to be where the action is. What you don't want to see, is local Chinese businesses taking over, growing with no competition or interference in their own local markets. Because rather sooner than later, that force will be dominating, and you allowed a megacompetitor to enter and you just closed your eyes and it will punish your behind. So it's about competing where the action is, it's about eliminating future competition as well, because it is potentially overwhelming.

Of course, we can always stay out of that market, and end up losing. Investing and doing business in there will bring money back, it will give us more than if we just 'screw that' and isolate ourselves. Yeah, like we can afford to isolate ourselves. Sure, we can always take the populist union crap, let thme be the mafia bosses they are, and just ignore the reality of life. This way, we will end up losing more, and who will benefit from bad economy, the poor or the rich? The rich will be rich, they don't have a problem, the poor will have an increasing problem, if the economy takes a dive.. less jobs, less everything.

So, what you need is brain power and innovation. Keep the edge. However, we are going to see, that China and neighbouring areas will start having more and more of their own innovation and special knowledge. Gentlemen, we are going to take it in the ass in all sectors in few decades. The US has strong economy, lots of resources, so it will be able to compete and stay strong. Europe? It will be interesting to see, when the shift goes to East, how Europe will counter. So far, there is no counter. There's no discussion of it, there's no planning, there's no action. And that is why we, in Europe, will take a big hit and dive.

Instead of arguing about globalization and how ideologically screwed up it is, we don't cover our own ass, because that's just not we are used to do. After all, it's Europe. Dominating force for so long, we will stay that way, yes? I don't think so, unless we start figuring this game out and how to keep some competitive edge here, we're going to lose it, if we lose the competition, we will end up being butty boys for the East.

Now, I have no problem with that. I think Europe is outdated anyway. It's mostly arrogant, has no balls, and is used to sticking their heads in the sand. Let the mother nature take care of the cancer.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Why Europe will end up losing in the end of this era is because we simply ignore the competition and the passion, the will of hard working people. Instead, we are becoming the bureocractic circle jerk that reminds me of Rome. We have become so fixated with it, that there will be a point, when it's such a deep, impossible jungle, the French will be the first ones to resign and leave the mess. It will take the rest of us a decade or two more to realize we need to make huge changes or just destroy it.

Instead of spending few million euros to figure out the proper curve standard for bananas, effectively banning foreign competition, and lobbying few of our own, also labeled as the most expensive banana in the world, it's all we can do. Stare the trees in the forrest.

In the meanwhile, there's tons of think tanks in the US, figuring this game out, and you know they are able ot make rapid changes because they are simply more dynamic than the modern Europe. You see the east is changing. There's tons of areas, that looks different than few years ago, just because of the growing capacity and purchasing power, and the new rising middle class.

What, you think they'll just stop and start thinking about banana curves as well? Hell no. They're in a roll now. You can cry about unfair and competition is so bad, take your kids to school where grades are banned, but the fact is, they have a taste of it now and if you want to stop the market, it's because WE are getting it in the ass. And then you have to ask the Chinese, if they want to do some changes.. Let me save us some time, they don't.

We are definitely not dynamic, we are not ready to adapt, we are just a big book of rules, that's it, and we have our heads in the sand and butts in the air. Come on boys, come on and take some!
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

waiting for the next reply to your own post
      anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

China has many people.
        Blah

Comment

Who cares about China anymore? UR is gone. India's the next big thing now.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Does it ever happens that Pekka doesn't open a thread with 2 posts?

Spec.
            -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

DaShi, at some point sure. I think China will peak more first. You don't see the kind of investing in India that you see in China, so it'll take some time before it starts to really come up as a fighter like China now is.
              In da butt.

Comment

Actually, I'm referring to this forum. But I do think that China will continue to stand as a greater regional power than India for some time.
                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                X