• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jon Miller

You aren't into bears?

JM

BLARGH
    I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

there was just an eu advert on tv saying 19000 people who dont smoke die in the eu each year from smoking. Maybe I misinterprested the ad but that figure seems really high
      Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Strongly suspect the government anti-smoking people greatly exagerate the number of deaths from second-hand smoke. I think they count every lung cancer death of a non-smoker as "second-hand smoke." Some of those are from cars and other pollution, but that's not useful to the propaganda machine. I myself just quit due to a heart attack in December. But that doesn't change my view that the second-hand smoke stuff is greatly exagerated.
        No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
        "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

For what it's worth: just had my annual physical yesterday. I'm 45 and big - 5'11", 225 lbs. (that's 180 cm, 102 kg for you non-imperial types), bmi of 31.5, but apparently in absolute perfect health. Doc says it's good I'm losing weight (I've lost about 20 lbs. in the last 2 years, 10 of them since arriving in Singapore 6 months ago), but kept coming back to one point: the single activity that would put my health at risk, even more than re-gaining weight, would be smoking.
          "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Working...
          X