Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any good free web based virus scans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there any good free web based virus scans?

Lately, my AV software keeps inexplicably closing down. It disappears from tray and disappears from task manager. I found a web based virus scan by trend micro that I wanted to try to use in case some sort of malware had compromised my AV software but everytime it gets about 3/4s of the way through and then inexplicably and without warning or error message my browser closes regardless of whether I tried using IE or firefox.

Surely there's a way to scan my system for malware which will work better than these options!

Any advice would be welcome.

Kaspersky Threat Intelligence Portal allows you to scan files, domains, IP addresses, and URLs for threats, malware, viruses

I've heard of kapersky but never used.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Have you run a cleanup program? You may have a lot of garbage in Temp and all.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

deleted
        bleh

Comment

Google: AVG Free Edition
          Fight malware and protect your privacy with security software for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. An antivirus app is a great place to start, but you should also look at VPNs for more private Web browsing, file encryption, secure messaging, password managers, and more.
          bleh

Comment

AVG is good.

Comment

very good

Comment

excellent
                Blah

Comment

Working...
                X