Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LOL - Denmark to reemerge as a global naval power?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 days. how fast do they think this ship is?

our aircraft carrier was pretty fast, but it took 12 hours just to get through the Suez (speed is very restricted through there). Probably another day to get through the red sea. It takes 10 days to get accross the atlantic alone.

Comment

I suppose that is why they want to have one stationed in the Arabian Sea (NOT Arabian/Persian Gulf), 3 days and you can get to the Horn of Africa, Gulf, and Pakistan.

I think it is a good idea, alot of countries routinely operate in those theaters doing things like anti-piracy, anti-slavery, anti gun/drug smuggling, and presence patrols. I served under Australian, Italian, German, Italian, and Pakistani flag officers each with their own nations ships present when over there last, as well as French, Saudi Arabian, and Japanese ships. It really is a big enterprise.
      "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Denmark did just recently remove them selves from the submarine club though, so I wouldn't bet on their impending naval domination just yet.
        "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Could we stop the Hans Ø (edit: or Hans Island) nonsense altogether?

There are so many things we could reasonably disagree about other than some godforsaken rock.

Comment

First the cartoons, and now they are sending a hostile viking craft of war to the middle east. When will it end!
            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

You folks just want an intelligence collection unit out there.

So freaking obvious

Comment

Originally posted by Monk
                Could we stop the Hans Ø (edit: or Hans Island) nonsense altogether?

There are so many things we could reasonably disagree about other than some godforsaken rock.
                I don't think you understand how fun it is to have a territorial disagreement over something so tiny
                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Killing it is the new killing it
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Sirotnikov
                  You folks just want an intelligence collection unit out there.

So freaking obvious
                  Yeah, just one problem - how should a std agent be able to mingle looking like this ?
                  Attached Files
                  With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse

I don't think you understand how fun it is to have a territorial disagreement over something so tiny

You are quite rigth.

Btw, while you without any doubt is a technical nerd, I hope you enjoyed the intro vid in the link about the Sea Stallion.
                    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse

I do think I understand that, but doesn't it ever get old? Not that I'd spoil anybody's party or anything, though.

When is this idiotic issue being settled either how?

Comment

Probably wont be...ever. Nations tend to tap dance around issues like this, without ever reaching a conclusion. Especially allied nations like Denmark and Canada.

Asmodean
                        Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Quite true - just wait to see the battle about the ownership of the north pole

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Monk

I do think I understand that, but doesn't it ever get old?
                            No.
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

BTW, we're still bugging the Yanks about 1812.

Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

It's not a dispute over something "tiny" by any means. It could have ramifications for the sovereignty over potential future shipping lanes once the Northwest Passage opens up. The same goes for Denmark's claim to the geographic North Pole.

Plus, after 400 years or so, we really need someone to sit up and take notice of us! To which end this is working out splendidly.

Comment

Working...
                                X