Cure sought for gay sheep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cure sought for gay sheep

I guess there's no stopping fundies, but I'd rather have them experimenting on sheep than ranting at me.

PETA's action alerts allows you to easily contact companies, universities, government agencies, and others to improve the lives of animals used for food, clothing, experimentation and entertainment.

Oregon Health and Science University (OHSU), a school that has received criticism in the past for torturing monkeys in its labs, has officially been outed. Information has been brought to light about ridiculous “gay sheep” experiments that are being conducted at the school. You heard right—OHSU experimenter Charles Roselli is spending millions of taxpayer dollars to kill homosexual rams and cut open their brains in an attempt to find the hormone behind homosexual tendencies so that these tendencies can be changed. Roselli is also working with experimenter Frederick Stormshak of Oregon State University (OSU), who has surgically inserted an estrogen implant in the bodies of these rams in an effort “to restore tissue levels of estrogen comparable to those of heterosexual rams and affect sexual behavior accordingly.”

To put it simply, these experimenters believe that homosexuality is a defect that needs to be fixed, and they’re cutting open and killing gay sheep to do it. These experiments also carry the insidious implication that homosexuality in humans needs to be "cured." In his application for public funding from the National Institutes of Health (NIH), he states that “this research also has broader implications for understanding the development and control of sexual motivation and mate selection across mammalian species, including humans.”

In a related story, Fundamentalist researchers are looking for the hormone that makes one vote Democrat...they are hoping to have this malady cured prior to the 2008 elections...

"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

*cough, cough*

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthre...249#post4733247

noticed how biased that is compared to the link I posted.

Comment

...another cure could be considered 'lamb chops' and 'brasied leg of lamb'.

I'm realllllly sorry, I could not resist
        Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
        ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

OHSU experimenter Charles Roselli is spending millions of taxpayer dollars to kill homosexual rams and cut open their brains in an attempt to find the hormone behind homosexual tendencies so that these tendencies can be changed.
          lol @ scientists. lots of knowledge, but little wisdom
          "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
          "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

To put it simply, these experimenters believe that homosexuality is a defect that needs to be fixed, and they’re cutting open and killing gay sheep to do it. These experiments also carry the insidious implication that homosexuality in humans needs to be "cured."
            What's wrong in that?
            "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
            I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
            Middle East!

Comment

I figure, one of two things will happen.

Either the experiments will be successful. Presumably, this will lead to human's abilities to switch sexual orientation. Because gays are some of the most discriminated-against people in the world, some may wish to afford themselves of this possiblity. On the other hand, switching from straight to gay could be used as a birth-control method.

More likely though, the experiments will prove to be a failure. In this case, we'll have lot of warm sweaters.

Comment

Originally posted by hexagonian
                ...another cure could be considered 'lamb chops' and 'brasied leg of lamb'.

I'm realllllly sorry, I could not resist
                Lamb chops are yummy as is a nice brasied leg of lamb. You just have to be careful not to over cook the lamb; it needs to be on the rare side. Nothing is worse then over cooked lamb.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Re: Cure sought for gay sheep

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the research they're doing, despite the motives. And you're quoting ****ing PETA.

Comment

The quote in the OP says that the experiment is viewed as looking for a "cure" for being gay. Homosexuals have a big problem with this because they don't think they need to be "cured."

However, scientific research is scientific research. It must take us whereever the Truth may lie.

My best guess is that this expenment will lead nowhere. --But it's wrong to impose outside pressure from offended groups to prevent these experiments from going forward.

Meanwhile: MmmmMmmmmMMMMm giros.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                      The quote in the OP says that the experiment is viewed as looking for a "cure" for being gay. Homosexuals have a big problem with this because they don't think they need to be "cured."

However, scientific research is scientific research. It must take us whereever the Truth may lie.

My best guess is that this expenment will lead nowhere. --But it's wrong to impose outside pressure from offended groups to prevent these experiments from going forward.
                      You don't think it's possible to change parameters that are "responsible" for homosexuality unless it's something that must be cured? That would make ethics far too easy. You can alsoscientifically find a method to cut off my arm (I think such research exists), yet having an arm is not a disease in my eyes.
                      So, it's well possible that this study may find out something about certain variable relevant for homosexuality. Thinking that such research is conducted with the aim to find a "treatment" is sick nonetheless.

However, the article in the OP is poorly written and BS (the "millions of taxpayer dollars", great piece of journalism), so I'd like to read a better opinion.
                      "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                      "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson
                        What's wrong in that?
                        They should rather find a cure for Catholicism, a really nasty disease.
                        "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                        "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson

What's wrong in that?

Homosexuals denying their own nature
                          I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Wernazuma III

They should rather find a cure for Catholicism, a really nasty disease.
                            If there was a 'religious' area of the brain, or gene, or such. I would be interested to find out more about it.

JM
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Datajack Franit

Homosexuals denying their own nature
                              I find it really sad that some homosexuals would liketo limit free thought and science just to think better of themselves
                              "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                              I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                              Middle East!

Comment

Working...
                              X