Stupid Congress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid Congress

So we had a slight funding decrease for 2006 here at the Lab. For all the discussions for the 2007 budget, we were going to be put back on the previous generous funding (as we are upgrading the lab, etc). This was in all versions of the budget that were being discussed.

However, supid congress last year didn't pass a budget. So no budget was passed. If current congress doesn't pass a 2007 budget soon, we will still be placed on the 2006 decreased budget. Which will close us down for 6 months... and delay the upgrade to 12 GeV for a year (to 2016, I think).

Time when the accelerator is running is a big deal, as is the upgrade. That is when experiments get done.

Jon Miller
    (this of course doesn't affect me that much, except for what experiments I can take part in, however, for all those students who were waiting for their experiment to run are going to be delayed another 6 months, which sucks)
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Preface: This sucks, JM.

For all the whining done about how much the Congress sucks for not passing the budget in time, it's interesting to see an actual, negative, real world (kind of) effect of this.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
    X