No announcement yet.

Nicest Family in America: 40 strangers hosted during storm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whereas I grew up in a town of approximately 6000 people and we barely talked to our neighbors.

Heh.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
      Whereas I grew up in a town of approximately 6000 people and we barely talked to our neighbors.

Heh.

-Arrian

well its not like my parents were on speaking terms with everyone

anyway thats all gone. Two career families, profusion of media, seem to have killed it, AFAICT (not that ive checked every part of Brooklyn, and my old block has changed in other ways)

My only point was that "urban villages" were less uncommon than one might think, and I suspect much of what has killed them has hurt smaller places as well.

Plenty of kind people left, though.
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

I'm gonna have to go with LotM. People in the Big City can be very friendly, helpful and hospitable and also vice versa. There's a reason why Deliverance scares so many people.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Odin
          QFT.

<---------- Grew up in a small town
          It shows.

Comment

Working...
          X