No announcement yet.

Denmark's 2006 public finances has a surplus of 6% of GDP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, son, it's way over your head. You made a blanket claim which stated that money supply and nominal economic activity were perfectly linked. I showed that you were wrong.

And just so that nobody forgets how stupid what you said was:

Originally posted by VetLegion
    Your point is that if more money is being spent on one good, it's necessary that less is spent on another. This is not true.

I'm all ears. This could help me with personal finances, so please share
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Seriously, insults about my understanding of economics coming from somebody who doesn't understand that employment dne (100%-unemployment) don't have quite the same sting as they would coming from somebody I respect.
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I blame the Canadian education system. It tought you to look stuff up on wikipedia and copy/paste random articles into internet threads. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. This time it didn't. No hard feelings and better luck next time

Comment

Given that I only referenced the Wikipedia article that you yourself linked to, I'm flabbergasted at this latest tack of yours.

Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Seriously, though: are you still claiming that money velocity has never and cannot have an effect on inflation?
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

:Popcorn:
              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

@ a thread about the health of danish state is ending up in a, well, not war, skirmish, between Wetty and Krazy
                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                  :Popcorn:
                  I live to entertain.

Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

KrazHorse, I really hate to have to treat you like a 3 year old kid. But you leave me no other option.

Imagine a family on a budget. If the price of bread triples, what happens? The family has to divert funds from other things to buy bread. Playstations go unbought.

Now, this is where your idea of "bilateral nature of transactions" comes in, enabling families to both have the Playstation and expensive bread. You're being ridiculous in the extreme.

Comment

• Originally posted by VetLegion
                      KrazHorse, I really hate to have to treat you like a 3 year old kid. But you leave me no other option.

Imagine a family on a budget. If the price of bread triples, what happens? The family has to divert funds from other things to buy bread. Playstations go unbought.

Now, this is where your idea of "bilateral nature of transactions" comes in, enabling families to both have the Playstation and expensive bread. You're being ridiculous in the extreme.
                      No, you're the one being ridiculous. What if the family is in the bread manufacturing business?

That's the whole ****ing point.
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

The budget constraint is a microeconomic concept and isn't suited for macroeconomic discussions like this one. It doesn't consider the economy as a whole.

Besides, even in a microeconomic analysis, the family isn't restricted to moving along the budget constraint line; they can shift it by making other choices, such as how much of their income to save.
                        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

• Do the decisions about savings or the money velocity change significantly on a year-on-year basis?

Comment

• No, you're the one being ridiculous. What if the family is in the bread manufacturing business?

And what if the family is in the Playstation manufacturing business?

Comment

Do the decisions about savings or the money velocity change significantly on a year-on-year basis?
                              Decisions about saving definitely do. For me, it changes on a month-to-month basis, depending on what I feel like buying for myself with that month's paycheck.

Comment

• Duh. Then they get hurt. But there's no reason to think that it's a zero-sum game.

THE VELOCITY OF MONEY CHANGES YEAR OVER YEAR
                                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                                X