How much does a passport cost you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much does a passport cost you?

I...misplaced my passport when I did a complicated four house move over the summer to get from my last student residence to my new one. Somewhere along the way, my passport went missing, a fact I only noticed last week. I've just filled out my lost passport form and submitted it and sent off a replacement form. Online government rocks.

But this whole thing will end up costing me £66* for the joy of traveling under the protection of her Majestry.

How much does a passport (new, replacement, or whatever) cost you?

*£66 = $130 = CAD$151 = €98
    Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
    -Richard Dawkins

edit:

I was wrong: passports are much cheaper:

Passport (32 pages) € 47,45
    Business passport (64 pages) € 51,90

Replacement of a lost passport € 20,85
    Emergency handout € 40,40
    Last edited by germanos; January 2, 2007, 07:12.
    "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
    "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

44 USD in a New York consulate. I bet it's cheaper here, but can't find the price anywhere.
      Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
      Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
      Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Another of New Labour's stealth taxes!

I'm sure my last one (current) back in 2002 cost only £20 or thereabouts...
        Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Mine cost about £45 in 2005. Ten year passport.
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

It may have been more than £20, but I'm sure I would have suitably outraged if it was much more and I don't remember that particular emotion in relation to getting my passport back then...
            Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

59 € for the new ePass which has biometric data stored on a RFID-Chip. It´s also for ten years (as long as you are older than 26; people younger than 26 have to pay 20€ less, but get a passport that is valid for only 5 years).

Before 2005 it was much cheaper as you only had to pay around 30 Euro.
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

~U$45
                RIAA sucks
                The Optimistas
                I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

~80$CAN = 70$US
                  12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Killing it is the new killing it
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

No idea and none how to find out.

Comment

a couple thousand for

a really good one, but if you just want one to satisfy I-9 requirements, you can get a crappy one for a few hundred dollars.
                      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

600 DKR ~ $100 for a 10 year pass.
                        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Free, IIRC . You're required to get a passport when you turn 15, at the latest. That's, I think for free. Afterwards, replacing a passport (for expiration or otherwise) costs, I believe, ~10$.
                          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I think American ones are around $95. That's how much I had to pay last time, but prices might have changed? Especially because now they have the RFID chip, and mine (still valid) doesn't have one.
                            B♭3

Comment

~50€

Which is **** expensive considering that we have much lower GDP/capita than rest of you who are paying ~50€.

However, even more annoying is when you lose the passport, which happened to me once. You have to fill out a couple of forms, you have to publish an ad in the official paper of some sort, you have to go to a police station to have an interview where they ask you questions like "did you throw a party recently? Do you hang out with suspicious types?" and then give you a confirmation that your passport is really lost or something. The whole procedure takes you easily an entire day, or two if you miss working hours of this office or that

Comment

Working...
                              X