Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indiana Jones will return in 2007, Spielberg and Lucas announce

"It's going to be the best one yet"

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. - George Lucas said Friday that filming of the long-awaited “Indiana Jones” movie will begin next year.

Harrison Ford, who appeared in the three earlier flicks, the last one coming in 1989, is set to star again.

Lucas said he and Steven Spielberg recently finalized the script for the film.

“It’s going to be fantastic. It’s going to be the best one yet,” the 62-year-old filmmaker said during a break from preparing for his duties as grand marshal of Monday’s Rose Parade.

Exact film locations have not been decided yet, but Lucas said part of the movie will be shot in Los Angeles.

The fourth chapter of the “Indiana Jones” saga, which will hit theaters in May 2008, has been in development for over a decade with several screenwriters taking a crack at the script, but it only recently gained momentum.

Lucas kept mum about the plot, but said that the latest action flick will be a “character piece” that will include “very interesting mysteries.”

“I think it’s going to be really cool,” Lucas said.

At the inaugural Rome Film Festival in October, the 64-year-old Ford said he was excited to team up with Lucas and Spielberg again for the fourth “Indiana Jones” installment. Ford said he was “fit to continue” to play the title role despite his age.

Ford played Indiana Jones in 1981’s “Raiders of the Lost Ark,” 1984’s “Temple of Doom” and 1989’s “The Last Crusade.”

Lucas praised Ford for breathing life into his character.

“Mostly it’s the charm of Harrison that makes it work,” he said.
    Raiders of the Lost Ark
    47.92%
    The Temple of Doom
    2.08%
    The Last Crusade
    37.50%
    Indiana Jones and the Fate of the Banana
    12.50%

Isn't Ford, like, old?
    Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

It was the name of the family's dog!

Comment

I'm quite surprised. I guess this has been done since Lucas just likes continueing trilagies 15 years after the 3rd was releaced.
        USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
        The video may avatar is from

Comment

Comment

Well, every thought Rocky Balboa was going to suck because Stallone is, well, old... but apparently it was pretty good, so I'm not writing this off yet.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I wouldn't bet against the people involved.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

We never know what youth wonders can be done through MODERN TECHNOLOGY (wrong Ford though)

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
                  Isn't Ford, like, old?
                  The working title is Indiana Jones and the Attack of Arthritis.

Comment

Ageists...
                    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Age is of no concern when there's a career that needs resuscitating
                      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
                        Isn't Ford, like, old?
                        I need a foot massage

Comment

Also Die Hard 4 will come in 2007 =)
                          *Hopes those Movies wont suck*
                          Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Indiana Jones and the Fountain of Youth
                            Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                            Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                            One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Avalon
                              Indiana Jones and the Fountain of Youth
                              You forgot to link it: http://www.barnettcollege.com/
                              Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                              And notifying the next of kin
                              Once again...

Comment

Working...
                              X