No announcement yet.

AACS cracked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right. But this is rather worrying, if the turn of the events will lead to abandoning HD-DVD by the movie industry and shifting to Bluray. That would be.. horrible.

I wish they waited a bit with the release of this information..
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

My advice would be to not upload **** here.
      What seems as harmless isn't viewed that way by...someone.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Right, that would be my advice as well. It shouldn't be illegal but you never know when it comes to these things. Saves a lot of trouble, besides I bet most people in here do not have the use for this one yet, but maybe after a year or two, and then the tools will be in their more mature and stable versions anyway.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Also to people who wonder why I would post a thread about something quite obvious, that something just got cracked.. like they all do.. well, the reason is, that this is almost in the level of cracking the protection on DVDs first. Since this is a new medium, it first has to be cracked in order for people to rip them, so they can be copied, distributed, downloaded etc.

So, it's kind of a milestone with the cracking folks, though this is just some .. thing now, it'll get better in time.
          In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
            Right. But this is rather worrying, if the turn of the events will lead to abandoning HD-DVD by the movie industry and shifting to Bluray. That would be.. horrible.

Heh... maybe this guy works for Sony .
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Yeah, and now see Sony's lobbyists in the Hollywood doing their dance

Would be a smart move, though nothing really points to that, except the date of this release. Because ultimately this would have been cracked anyway. And it doesn't matter what the developers say, because sometimes someone from the developing team is actually the one to break it and release the info. So.. that's the way it goes.
              In da butt.

Comment

I internet.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                  Probably.

Any time you have the decryption mechanism available (in the form of the players) cracking a code simply becomes a matter of effort.
                  Encryption with an open algorithm is quite possible. Cracking the keys can be made essentially impossible (unless maybe you're the NSA).

OTOH, the keys can be leaked or the encryption could have a weakness. Or it may be possible with some physical hacking to get the keys from the player itself.

Comment

As I understand it, secure DRM is quite possible given a trusted piece of hardware (that presumably can't be examined at the physical level).

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka

Such a thing would draw more press to Sony & Fox's "BD+" protection scheme, which is pretty draconian and provide more backlash, especially when compared with Sony's PC DRM snafu.
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                        Or it may be possible with some physical hacking to get the keys from the player itself.
                        Tha was my point.
                        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Killing it is the new killing it
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                        X