Today's Goal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today's Goal

Apparently there is a big staph infection breakout amongst young adults on the West Coast. It's size is one issue but the real thorn in the collective behind here is that it is largely resistant to anti-biotics. My best friend and I both happened to be lucky enough to get in on this trend while it's still hot.

I ended up getting the long end of this poopstick and currently I'm holed up in the hospital slowly nursing my leg back to health with the "last resort" anti biotic available. Anyway, to keep myself entertained between the Wall Street Journal and the internet I've begun writing a a daily joke.

On the wall across from me there is a big half white half cork board with the words "Welcome to Post Surgery!" emblazoned across the top. It has sections for the date, my name, nurse names and some other stuff that would be relevant had I actually gone under the knife.

Below the mobility section, there is a big section for "Today's Goal". My friend and saw it as fertile ground for humor. So far we have come up with one a day to keep me and the nurses entertained.
    We've used the following:
    Find a cure for Cancer
    Get down with the G.O.D. (Saved! reference)
    Eviscerate the Proletariat

The muse has fallen silent and so I turn to you, the legions of Apolyton to help keep a sly smile drawn across my face.
    Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
    Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

"Today's Goal: by Pele"

Eh, propably doesn't work that well in the US.
    I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Yeah, that joke is just like nationalized healthcare.

Comment

Goal of the day.
        Top Goal

Comment

Oh Snape! That goalie must feel like crap.

Comment

It's NSFW btw

Comment

Fix my groin. Yeah, that’s nothing to **** around with. Busted groins are not fun...and while you’re at it, can you pick up my refill of valium?
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by bipolarbear
                Oh Snape! That goalie must feel like crap.
                Nah, that was a fine kick. Well placed.
                DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Working...
                X