Britain finishes paying for WW2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
    That's what you guys get for ****ting on the Irish for so long. Bono probably could've got your debt forgiven years ago...
    The whole Irish thing was actually a reverse-historical punishment for spawning Bono.

Comment

I trust that the Canucks on this board are being reasonable in their assessment of Canada's martial accomplishments in Afghanistan.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
        Ed Balls
        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Re: Britain finishes paying for WW2

Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
          BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

As it's now time to celebrate our victory over debt, let VD day commence.
          That's what they get for using a credit card. Interest rates are a mother.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Britain got ripped off - Germany blew off the debt and had a big war for free.
            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Same for Japan

they got off easy on reparations

nothing like the Treaty of Versaille, eh?
              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

That's because Britain didn't have balls in the interwar period. Only changed in 1982.

Comment

That's what you guys get for ****ting on the Irish for so long. Bono probably could've got your debt forgiven years ago...
                  B♭3

Comment

Yeah that was actually rather funny. Stuff like that gets lost so quickly.

Comment

Germany got Hitler to sign all the loans. Foolishly the banks didn't get a guarantor.
                      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

If they could pin all of the Habsburgers' debts on the Austrians, why didn't they do the same with Hitler's?
                        Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                          Germany got Hitler to sign all the loans. Foolishly the banks didn't get a guarantor.
                          Yeah. I can see a bank officer telling Hitler that he needs a co-signer.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

he never paid any income tax either, made a fortune off Mein kampf

I wonder who got the royalties for that after the war btw...

ah - an interesting story in itself

Comment

The state of Bavaria.

Comment

but look at the american story in the link

did saddam write any books?

Comment

Working...
                                X